Post new question
Question

Intern
Message 1 of 5 (977 Views)

HP Touchpad motherboard

Product Name: HP Touchpad
Operating System: Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Hi, I have a HP Touchpad and I had to replace the motherboard and I think it had a 32GB moth board before then when I replaced it with a 16GB motherboard could this damage something?
Provost
Message 2 of 5 (948 Views)

Re: HP Touchpad motherboard

Hi,

What is your machine ? Please check its label at the back or use system, about.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Intern
Message 3 of 5 (937 Views)

It's a HP tablet, not a computer it shipped with WebOS and I had to replace the motherboard I believe it was 32GB before I replaced the motherboard with a 16GB, I am woundering if this can br ask something since it is not 32GB motherboard.
Provost
Message 4 of 5 (930 Views)

Hi,

All HP machines, big or small, they all have models/products numbers. Sorry, I don't know product number of your machine, I can't help.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Teacher
Message 5 of 5 (918 Views)

If you are going to go as far as replacing a motherboard, I'm surprised you didn't check this before ordering!

For what it's worth, I think the memory is soldered to the board, so I think you'll be OK, but I'm no expert.

You are running Android on this and this tablet is popular with Android ROM developers and enthusiasts.

You're likely to find people experienced in repairing these things on https://www.xda-developers.com or https://forums.webosnation.com

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation