Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My Touchpad has frozen and wil not turn off or accept any commands. How do I reset the device?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Take a look at pages 1 through 5 to find your answer.

View solution in original post

98 REPLIES 98
HP Recommended

*post removed as the link to the old Palm forums ... Is now here!  *

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

i dont no becuase me also need to help me

HP Recommended

how can i set the touchpad

HP Recommended

I have four HP Touchscreens (the $99/$129 deals) and so far, three have locked up (completely froze) after selecting a Web Address (URL) and doing a copy, then creating an email, pasting the web address and hitting send.

It happened on my 16 GB as well as my 32 GB.  My son just called me asking me what he needs to press to reboot it.  When I asked him what he was doing when it happened, he said he pasted a website address into an email, the same thing I was doing on my two tablets when they locked up on me.  Very odd issue and yes, I have already run the System Updates on all devices (perhaps it's that update that's the problem because I ran the update when I first got them).

The reboot solution that I found to work all the time is to;

Simultaneously hold the power button, volume down button and the big HP button for 30 seconds.

Good luck!. 

HP Recommended

Hi Dot_Rules, As someone with multiple touchpads maybe you can answer my question. I have two touchpads that I'm going to put on the same WebOs account. I haven't activated the second one yet, but the HP help desk advised me that the only way to get the same apps on both devices is to erase the apps and settings on the device that I didn't download the app with and then reactive.  Their logic is that this will restore all apps downloaded to the WebOs account on that device.

HP Recommended

When I powered up my second tablet and registered it with HP, I logged in with the same user id and password and up to that point, I didn't even realize that the device itself was being backed up to their site.

I was surprised to learn that they had access to my documents and family photos (I normally don't read the instructions, lol), but it wasn't a big deal.

What I do recall though, is that when I logged in using the same credentials, it gave me the option to do a restore from the date of the last backup.

So, it seemed to me at the time (which I chose not do do because I would rather keep them separate because my kids were going to use "the new one and I didn't want to add/mix the apps and data onto the new one).

I was them able to name the new device and subsequently repeated the same process on the new devices.  I chose to not restore and then named the device something else.

I believe the restore option would have been beneficial if my device had crapped out and I was in need of restoring everything to it.

It doesn't make sense (to me anyway) what they are telling you because if you think about it, the new device hasn't been backed up so the config files they are referring to shouldn't matter.  This is the reason the restore option is given to you "before you get started".

AT this point, three of the four are registered with the SAME logon creds and I would expect I should be able to restore one to the other when and if I need to .  Let me now how you make out.  Wish I could have been more helpful!

HP Recommended
actually I was wanting to add/mix apps between my touchpads. The restore option does work for this purpose. I was just disappointed that every time I want to put an app that I purchased on one touchpad on the other, I have to restore the device and login like its the first time I've turned it on. This restores what was last saved to your webOS account but it takes to long and is a pain in neck.
HP Recommended

This worked perfectly.  Thanks so much as going into systems seemed like the long way around. Good to know.

HP Recommended

The hi five I was giving was to Dot_Rules on 9/29/2011, for the simple procedure to reinstate my laptop touchpad. So easy with one step.  Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.