Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thanks for all your advice WyreNut, which is much appreciated. 

And I am much relieved that I can go on using my Palm set up for the foreseeable future after moving from XP to Windows 10.  It will allow me to decide when smart phones have progressed to the point where I want to change over to one.  So far there have been lots of whiz bangs, but the substantive functionality has seemed rather limited.

With regard to versions, I was merely wondering what my options were in terms of managing the change over - whether I could get to grip with any issues by running v6.2.2 on my xp machine to reduce the number of elements of change that I have to manage at once.

I gather from the way you put it that references to v6.2 are to v6.2.2, and that that version is produced by Aceeca (their website is currently down).

HP Recommended

Finally, success with Hotsync Palm Destop 6.2.2 on Windows10

I get a 100% success rate on my  notebook (Samsung NP500P4C, core i7, 6 GB RAM)  with windows10:

It was so simple, thus so hard to find out:

- NEVER SYNC WHILE PALM DESKTOP IS RUNNING!

* I used to get random results, from no syncing at all to duplicating entries on Datebook;

- Always check that Hotsync Manager is running - mine usually shuts down after I close Palm Desktop;

This works for me 100% of the time now.

- Best practice: run Hotsync 1st thing after you start your computer, BEFORE OPENING PALM DESKTOP

Hope that helps you guys out there.

Greetings from Rio de Janeiro

Rubin Diehl

HP Recommended

How do I sync my Palm (Handspring unit) in WIN10?

HP Recommended

Awesome! This works great!.....Windows 10, Palm Zire 31. Many thanks.

HP Recommended

I’m new on this forum. If I’m not at the right let me know.

I have just installed a new HP ProDesk 400 G4 Desktop Mini Desktop PC with Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I have a Palm Desktop Version 4.1.2. When I start syncing with Hotsync to sync with my Tungsten T3 Palm Pilot I get the following error message: "Cannot connect your handheld to the Palm Desktop. Check the configuration and try again." After several tries, I found in the Palm Desktop in the "Configuration" tab it says "Cannot open the COM1 port. Check that it is accessible ..." I see that in Win10 "Device Manager" that there are no COM serial or LPT parallel ports. Can you help me?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.