Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (378 Views)

Turn on

Product Name: HP
Operating System: WebOS / Palm OS

Hi. I just got my HP 10" Tablet a few days ago. But my problem is: I can't turn it on. 

Provost
Message 2 of 2 (356 Views)

Re: Turn on

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Did it ever work?

Have you charged it fully?

There are several other threads already discussing this topic, but they all say the same things:

--Check your charger.  Many of the USB cables supplied by HP were fragile, and break easily.  Try another micro-USB cable with a charger that supplies 2 amps (2,000mA).  If using an HP charger, check the prongs on the transformer - they are removable, and if twisted out of position no current will flow.

--Try all the resets - simple (hold both the power and center button for 15 - 20 seconds until the HP logo appears).   Advanced (press and hold the power, center, and volume down together until logo appears.  May give the option to completely erase the unit!)

--Use a TouchStone to charge the device if you suspect the female charging port on the TouchPad has been damaged.  

--As a last resort, try using the tpdebrick-v004 program.  This is a difficult, but doable re-flash of the device using a computer running Ubuntu, and a program from this link.  

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/38786-tpdebrick-v004/

I revived one of my touchpads using this method.

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation