Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Palm TX
WebOS / Palm OS

I have a PALM TX and got it to work and sync with my new WIN 10 computer using instructions on this website for driver download, etc. My issue is that I mainly use my PALM TX to carry some important documents with me. I used DataViz Docs to Go software on my old WIN XP computer but not longer have the Docs to Go installation disc. Where can I get an older download of Docs to Go software that will work with the PALM TX (I think the current versions are only for IOS or Android?). Or is there similar software available today that will do the same thing and work with Palm TX and Palm Desktop 6.2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Thanks....that will work, just not as simple as letting sync manager do it for you....

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I seem to recall that Docs To Go ceased being compatible with Windows 7 or 8, but I can't find any threads about that here any longer (a lot of good stuff was deleted when the old Palm Forum was merged into the HP Forums).  But, there should be other ways to get new or updated docs onto the TX:

1. You could try emailing the documents to yourself and open them on the TX.  I think that the newest version of Docs To Go can read native Word and Excel documents.  You might need to save them as .doc or .xls files rather than the newer extensions.
  2. I think your better option is to use a SD card.  Copy the files from your computer to the SD card using a card reader.  Then insert the SD card into the TX where you can move or copy it to the handheld.  You might be better off just keeping them stored on the SD card.  The SD card has to be an older, standard SD, not SDHD, 2GB or smaller.

Good luck.

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended
Thanks Smkrantz. Yes, I know about SD card, but unfortunately it is one way (far as I know). If I make changes to a doc on my Palm, can't sync it back to computer just using SD card. There was a Docs to Go software for win 7 for use with iOS devices, just can't seem to find free or buy option for Win 7/10 and Palm OS....
HP Recommended

@Tightly wrote:
Thanks Smkrantz. Yes, I know about SD card, but unfortunately it is one way (far as I know). If I make changes to a doc on my Palm, can't sync it back to computer just using SD card. There was a Docs to Go software for win 7 for use with iOS devices, just can't seem to find free or buy option for Win 7/10 and Palm OS....

You can easily move documents from the handheld's memory to the SD card, and vice versa, directly from within Documents To Go on the handheld, including any document which you have edited on the handheld.  

Just open the app, and tap-and-hold (very briefly) the docment's icon (i.e. Doc, Excel, etc.) to the left of the file's name.  A list will pop up of available actions, the last one being either "move to card" for documents that are in memory, or "move to handheld" for documents that are residing on the card.  

(Docs that are on the card will have a little SD card icon to the right of the document name, and docs that are in memory do not have the card icon.)

_____
Former HP Expert (Palm/webOS)
HP Recommended
Thanks....that will work, just not as simple as letting sync manager do it for you....
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.