HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
08-17-2011 09:45 AM
I run a Compaq CQ50 with Win-Vista Home Prem. I have an All in One Officejet 5610 problem.
- The unit worked fine until yesterday. An on-screen message box came up with a strange title $$Favorite Files $$, indicating something was wrong, even if it still saved the scanned file to the My Scans Directory
- A number if software uninstalls and reinstalls gets print, copy and fax parts to work, but Scan is a problem.
- First the Scan Preview Box came up but gave not options as to where to save the scanned files
- Then after running the diagnostic on the HP 5610 website section, it indicated all worked but the Pictures and Image Software – it recommended an uninstall and reinstall of the software using the newest download on the website.
- Done, using the OEM CD and the newer AIO_CDB_Full_Non-Network_enu_NB file off the 5610 webpage
- Result = no Scan preview screen, but an error message asking to restart PC, start up software, shut down and restart if problem still existed, and Reinstall the software. Did all and still only get print, copy and fax functions.
I have directories in Program Files named HP, Hewlett-Packard, Hewlett-Packard Company and HP Games. Is there a corrupted file I can delete?
Diagnostic Tool shows all works but the Pictures and Images software.
HP Tech recently updated laptop BIOS and downloaded updated drivers.
Help please. Thanks in advance….