HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-12-2009 08:10 AM
- I've got a big stack of A4 documents and when scanning these using the HP Solution Center along with the Auto Document Feeder (ADF) they all come out legal size.
- I'm using a newly bought HP Color LaserJet CM1312nfi MFP (Series PCL 6) which is connected to my computer with a USB cable.
- I want to scan A4 documents to A4 searchable PDF files.
How I've tried to solve this:
- I have adjusted all possible settings to A4.
- I've manually cropped the scans using the "crop" tab but that is way too time consuming. And, I can't imagine that this is how it was intended.
- I have searched "Help", which tells me to click on the "Resize Output" tab but this tab doesn't appear as long as I use the ADF. This tab only appears when I use the integrated flatbed scanner, which I'm obviously not going to use for 10-page documents, etc.
- I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software.
- I've downloaded the latest firmware.
- I've tried getting around the HP solution center by scanning directly from Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional.
- I've tried scanning by pressing the scan button on the printer panel.
All of the above hasn't solved my problem.
1. How can I set-up my all-in-one to scan all documents as they are, i.e. A4 to A4, letter size to letter size, legal size to legal size, etc. Most importantly A4 to A4.
2. How can I get the get the "Resize Output" tab to appear and function even when using the ADF to scan?
Can anybody help me?
06-26-2009 11:22 PM
Hi have had this printer for over 6 months and at all times it has scanned fine to A4. only in the past 2 weeks or so has i have massive trouble and it only scanning to legal size. i deal with contracts for real estate and this machine is not compleatly useless to me as the format is not right.
I too would like to see HP's reply to this problem.
07-29-2009 01:32 PM
I was experiencing the same issue with Letter size paper. I finally called HP support this morning and had an excellent support re who downloaded what appeared to be a missing dll (hpiscn.dll) in Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin.
It was immediately "repaired" and now produces letter size scans for me.