HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-04-2012 10:16 PM
I am unable to enable bluetooth printing from my laptop to my printer using a HP BT500 wireless adaptor. My laptop is Windows 7 64 bit and my printer is a HP Photosmart 3110 which is installed on my laptop and working perfectly. According to HP's website this adaptor is compatible with both my laptop and printer. Bluetooth on my laptop is enabled and visible.
The problem is the last step of the set up (or install) process for the BT500 fails as this last step searches for a printer driver on-line and is unable to find one. The outcome of the installation is that I have connection via bluetooth but am unable to print as the two devices aren't actually communicating.
I suspect this occurs because the laptop does not require a driver to run this printer and using the driver update function returns no results either ("no driver available"). I do have the installation CD that came with the printer but this is not supported by Windows 7.
I've tried the installation process both with the printer connected using the usb cable and without, but got the same result.
Appreciate any help - thanks
05-05-2012 12:15 AM
Please verify your PC configured to recieve the latest drivers from Microsoft Update servers:
- On the taskbar, click the Windows icon ( ).
- In the Search Programs and Files box , type change device installation .
- Click Change device installation settings . The Device Installation Settings window opens.
- If it is not already selected, select Yes, do this automatically (recommended) , and then click Save Changes .
Now try adding the printer once again and check for any change.
If the issue persists with no change, try following the steps below and check for any change:
- Enter Control Panel > Devices and Printers.
- Click the Add a Printer button.
- Select to manually add a local printer.
- From the Ports selection, keep the devfault as LPT1. and click Next.
- From the driver selection dialog, click the Windows Update button.
- Allow several minutes to complete the update, till the printers list appear on the screen again. (It make take some time, allow it several minutes to complete).
- From the manufactures, select HP.
- From the printers, select the HP Photosmart 3100 and follow the steps to complete the wizard.
- Once completing the wizard, click Add a Printer once again.
- Select Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer .
- Select your product, and then click Next .
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and try printing.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution