HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-09-2012 10:25 AM
I have an OfficeJet 6500 E710n-z and am in the process of trying to completely uninstall and reinstall drivers and ultimately the full software suite. I am running Windows 7 64-bit on an HP Pavilion dv6-6047 cl and have tried all of the following, yet two previously-installed devices are still showing up, each with slightly different names (which had to be used the last time I did this and had the same non-removal issue):
- removed all software related to the printer
- deleted the printers many times. They always disappear, but when I reopen, they're still there
- run HP Network Diagnostics
- run the scrub utility 3 times to remove supposedly everything from everywhere
- manually edited the registry and removed two entries for the printer at the user class level
- ran Windows update until nothing left
- checked for firmware updates via the printer's setup panel
- and of course, have rebooted the machine many many times
The problem persists. Does anyone have any additional ideas? Thanks.