HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
06-09-2012 07:12 AM
I have a Dell optiplex 745 with Windows XP pro ops system. I had problems installing an update printer file (OJ6500vE709_Full_14) from HP's download site for my officejet 6500 E709a printer. After installing, I could not scan on the all-in-one printer. The error message was "A required component was not found or was improperly installed. Reinstall the HP Photosmart software that came with the device, and try scanning again."
However, after several attempts, I decided to delete anything pertaining to HP files in my computer and simply reload the original printer installation disk. However, after it begins installing an error message pops up telling me to the effect that "... there are files that should be deleted before continuing. Restart the computer." After restarting my computer, the same results occur and I am asked to restart again.with the original HP 6500 E709 installation program.
I have deleted everything that even looks like HP files, including downloading, installing and running the OJ6500vE709_Scrubber_14 program. Thus far, nothing has worked for me. Can anyone provide assistance?
06-09-2012 08:14 AM
Please make sure to completely delete the driver files from the OS as following:
- Enter Control Panel > Printers and Faxes.
- If there is any HP Officejet 6500 icon on that screen, delete it by right clicking > Delete and reboot the PC.
- From Printers and Faxes. Click File > Server Properties.
- Enter the Drivers tab and make sure to remove any instance of the 6500 printer if exists.
- Click Start > Run
- Type Spool and then click OK.
- Enter the driver folder.
- Enter the W32x86 folder.
- Delete for any file withing this folder which contain 6500 / E709 within its file name. Make sure to check under any subfolder.
Once any of the files been remove, launch the installation again and I believe it should resolve the restarts loop.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution