HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
07-17-2009 04:19 PM
I have tried everything I know, including searching thru the help section, but the software will install to a certain point and then the dreaded fatal error 2753. Does anyone know the fix?
Thank you for your time.
07-29-2009 10:34 PM
I have the same error with the J6480. (Fatal Error 2753 - MSI.dot4wrp)
I have uninstalled, reinstalled, deleted all HP keys from registry and performed a L4 uninstall (per instructions from HP support)
I have no resolution and HP support is not able to help.
Any help from members is appreciated!!!
07-30-2009 11:26 AM
Please try this,
1. Insert the disk.
2. Remove the USB Cable.
3. Uninstall all software associated with the device.
4. Performed uninstall L2 and L3. Restart computer when told to do so.
5. Download CCleaner and install it.
6. Run CCleaner and click on REGISTRY on the left side. Click on SCAN ISSUES and then FIX Selected Issues. It will ask you to create a backup which you will do so.
7. Restart computer
8. Click on START and then RUN.
9. Type msiexec /unregister and click OK.
10. Click on START and then RUN.
11. Type msiexec /regserver and click OK.
12. Download software here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os
13. Install the software but do not connect the usb cable yet. Just put a check on the box that says "if you are unable to connect, click here"
14. Follow the rest of the instructions.
15. Install the software for your printer.
16. Chose CUSTOM/ADVANCE install.
17. Install only the driver.
18. Chose the connection type.
19. Follow the rest of the instructions.
Let me know if you have questions.
11-02-2009 07:04 AM
I am having continuous error messages saying ERROR FATAL MSI.dot4wrp. I made all the other steps, from 1 to 11, then when I downloaded the HP Photosmart Basic Drivers (step 12), but when I began executing it, there were no labels in the programme, so I didn't know what I clicked. And then, at 20% of install process the error message appeared again. Do I have to do everything again? what can I do?
11-10-2009 01:46 PM - edited 11-10-2009 01:53 PM
I didnt' try david ops solution (above), I'm sure it's probably a quicker way than what I did to eventually get it to work:
but I had to boot to another operating system and delete all HP protected and hidden files, then clean the registry with CC cleaner, then use the windows registry remover tool, and then reinstall.
Eventually I did get it to work, but what frustrates me is that it was after an "HP Update" that things stop working. I really wonder WHY HP has to be so bloated and doesn't give many features.
The kicker is once I got everything working, I had to upgrade to Windows 7 and the 100 Meg HP driver file doesn't support the J6480 print-to-fax and wireless scan functions in windows 7.
At least I can print tho.