HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-11-2012 07:46 AM
I have install the software on my computer and it says at the end the installation is successful then a fatal error comes up.
I have use the installation CD, download the v1.1 & the full suppert setup and I still get the fatal error over and over again.
What cause the error?
What can I do to fix it?
I got the logs with me.
05-16-2012 12:09 PM
Have you tried installing the printer using the Smart install method?
- Press the Power button ( ) or switch to turn off the product, if it is not already off.
- Disconnect the USB cable from both the product and the computer, if you already connected it.
- Press the Power button or switch to turn on the product.
- Reconnect the USB cable to the product and to the computer.NOTE:For some products, Windows 7 begins to install a basic driver built into the operating system. With this basic driver, the buttons on the product will not function and some of the advanced product features will not be available. Wait a few moments for the HP Smart Install program to begin.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the HP Smart Install software.If the HP Smart Install program does not start automatically, AutoPlay might be disabled on the computer. Follow these steps to start the installation:Click the Windows icon ( ), click My Computer , double-click the HP Smart Install CD icon, and then double-click the SISetup.EXE file.
- If the program prompts you to select a connection type, select the USB cable option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to finish installing the software.
*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.*