HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-04-2012 04:48 PM
officejet 6310 mac won't work since upgrading to 10.6.8?!! I've gone and downloaded the driver/installer and when I get to final stage it says installer won't work on this system? Any idea's?
05-05-2012 12:33 AM
In order to assure you got the correct driver for your OS, can you see any Hewlett-Packard folder exists under Application?
If so, please make sure to fully remove the software as following:
Note: If the folder does not exists, skip those steps and try installing the software from the link within the next part.
**Please be aware that performing the next steps will remove any installed HP Software.
1. Click on Go menu (Click the desktop, then look at the menu in the bar at the top of the page)
2. Select Applications
3. Select the Hewlett-Packard folder
4. Double-click HP Uninstaller application
5. Follow the uninstallation till prompted to select a device to uninstall
6. Press and hold Control + Alt + Cmd keys on the keyboard simultaneously while you click on Uninstall
7. approve any prompt to uninstall any HP Software.
Once completing the steps above, download and install the software below:
Once the installation completes, make sure to reboot your Mac and then check for any HP update by clicking the Apple icon and then Software Update.
Please let me know of any problem,
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as as Accepted Solution
05-05-2012 12:44 AM
Thank you for your responce but I figured it out. There was girl earlier in the posts that had a link to an apple site with HP drivers so i did that and also took advice from another post to unplug the printer (usb and power) for 15 minutes and reboot. And vola! It worked.