HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
03-08-2012 06:39 AM
I am using Windows 7. The wireless is great for printing but I cannot understand why the web
will not connect.
Solved! Go to Solution.
03-09-2012 11:25 AM - edited 03-09-2012 11:34 AM
Hope you are doing well and sorry that you are having issues;
If this did not help then share what router are you using please include Brand and model? I will suggest you to make sure that your router is updated with the most recent firmware, Also I personally always use Google DNS servers. Some DNS servers provided by your ISP (Internet service Provider)
You can change this settings by going doing the following;
Press the Win button on your Keyboard.
- Type Ncpa.cpl (this will take you to the Network Connections)
- Select the your wireless connection
- You will see a screen on the botton, you will see it near the button left a button that is called properties,
- On properties menu go to IpV4 (if you don't see it scroll down) double click to open
- In this screen you will see (obtain the IPaddress automatically) under that one you wil see the Obtain the DNS server address automatically select this option
- type 188.8.131.52 and in the altenate type 184.108.40.206
I will also select an static IPAddress and this can be accomplish here as well.