Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

The automatic 2 sided printing used to work about a year or two ago.  I had installed an HP update to the printer and since then when I select Two-sided (duplex) printing I have the options of manual, left edge booklet, right edge booklet and off.   Before I could select Two-sided printing and the printer would automatically print on both sides and in “normal” size.  If I select booklet the printer still makes me manually re-feed the paper and the copy is much smaller since it is a booklet.  One of the reasons I purchased the HP Photosmart C7250 All-in-One printer was the double sided printing option and I was very happy with the paper savings.  I have lived with this problem for a long time now but it still bugs me.  Is there some setting, software upgrade or reinstalling of the printer that I could do to be able to print on both sides of the paper automatically again?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The duplexer needs to be enabled in the driver as outlined in the Vista/Windows 7 Duplex Printing Troubleshooting Guide.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

The duplexer needs to be enabled in the driver as outlined in the Vista/Windows 7 Duplex Printing Troubleshooting Guide.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
That was it, thank you for your help.
HP Recommended

Will the HP two-sided printing download work with an HP LaserJet CP1525nw, which at present only has a manual duplex option (which is very unsatisfactory)?

HP Recommended

@lageze wrote:

Will the HP two-sided printing download work with an HP LaserJet CP1525nw, which at present only has a manual duplex option (which is very unsatisfactory)?

Sorry, the CP1525nw does not have the hardware required to automatically print on the back side.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

HP Recommended
Thanks Bob, much appreciated
HP Recommended

That's incorrect.  When I first bought the HP CP1525nw it DID have automatic duplex capabilities.  Ive used it many times.  Now all of a sudden within the last year it no  longer has this option.  That was one of the very reasons I bought that printer.

HP Recommended

@robertwilliamso wrote:

That's incorrect.  When I first bought the HP CP1525nw it DID have automatic duplex capabilities.  Ive used it many times.  Now all of a sudden within the last year it no  longer has this option.  That was one of the very reasons I bought that printer.

The cp1525nw does not and never did have any duplex hardware.  You may have been able to manually duplex by reloading the paper, but the printer simply cannot do that automatically.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.