Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

what about the same problem on an HP OfficeJet 85xi, on which there is no 'setup' or 'options' button?

HP Recommended

That link no longer works.  But I need a solution for the same problem with an OfficeJet G85xi anyway.  HELP PLEASE!!!

HP Recommended
@willyum666 - Here is a link a document that addresses alignment issues for your model of printer. One of the issues it lists one of the issues as "Alignment Print Cartridges message "does not disappear. It will give one troubleshooting steps to try in an attempt to clear that error message. I hope that this helps.
I am a former employee of HP...
How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved?
HP Recommended
Thank you!
HP Recommended

This url link is not working.

HP Recommended
thank you very much salty. This solution is going to be saving a lot of users a lot of time instead of perusing the other dumb solutions listed.
HP Recommended

DEAR SALTY

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR THE INFO ON "PRESS ENTER TO ALIGN CARTRIDGES".  HOLDING DOWN SETUP & OPTIONS WORKED.  I WAS AMAZED.  I ON WAS ON THE PHONE FOR OVER 45 MIN.  WITH AN HP REP.  HE TOLD ME IT COULDN'T BE FIXED.  I ALMOST BOUGHT ANOTHER ONE.  EVEN THOUGH I AM LOOKING FOR ANOTHER PRINTER, I DON'T THINK I'M GOING TO GET AN HP.  THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU !!!!!

LAVENDERLIPSSS

HP Recommended

Salty you are genius.  This was driving me crazy and the first time it happened in ten years.

Many Thanks

HP Recommended

I did the hot water and alcohol flush on my prinheads, but can anyone help me stop this machine from a continuous print head cleaning and alignment cycle that pretty much wont stop?

I just installed brand new color cartridges yesterday. My HP office jet 8500A has been doing a cleaning of the print heads and alignment pretty much continuously, and now it is saying my brand new color cartridges are low. 

So frustrated and pissed.  I need to print something very important, and now I am desperate.  Thank you to anyone who can help.

HP Recommended

Salty,

Any idea how to do this on a 8500A? the button for copy options doesn't exist.

Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.