05-29-2013 05:01 PM
My HP 3150 will not Print in Black and White, or Grey Scale, when selected on the Advanced Print options. It shows B&W on the print Preview but prints in Color.. I have tried to load the latest drivers and software with no avail. I am running Windows 7 Pro 64 on a Dell Computer USB connection. It does this for all attempted software programs, MS Office, Open Office, IE8, and Google Chrome.... No Joy...
05-30-2013 04:50 PM
To start out, Helium, sounds like this is a driver issue. I want to start with being sure that the removal of the software and reinstallation happened in the best possible fashion. I want you to follow my steps so I can be sure that we are both starting on the same page.
First if you use a USB cord, make sure to remove it (this is important). Do not plug it back in until the software directs you to. Then go through the Devices and Printers, Programs and Features and Device Manager folders and insure that all copies, files, and programs related to the printer are removed. Then as directed, restart the computer.
In the START menu type "%temp%" and press ENTER. Here I want you to press Ctrl+A and hit DELETE. Some of the files will not allow you to delete them, skip those files and delete the majority that allows it.
Find and install the FULL FEATURE SOFTWARE if it is available :
Install that and let me know the result!
Have a great day!
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- HP LaserJet Pro Printers and Multifunction Printers - HP Smart Install Discontinuation