Question

Top Student
CurtisRW
Message 1 of 12 (120 Views)

3520 drivers corrupt

I have the HP deskjet 3520, I used it with a laptop for 3 months (wirless printing) Then I upgraded to a desktop PC. 

The printer worked fine for the laptop and for about 2 months on the computer but now the drivers seem to corupt every time I restart the computer. This means I have to uninstall and re-install the drivers, then the printer works (wirlessly) but once i shut down the computer and then try to print something a few days later it doesn't work.

I used the HP print/scan doctor to deduce that it is the drivers that are corrupting but it doesnt fix them from corrupting again. I assumed this would be a common problem but I cant find anything on the web about it so Im posting on here. Does anyone know how to fix this? 

- I have had this issue for 8 months or so now, i've just been to busy to get it fixed.

- Also, the printer is still fine. It allows me to print from my tablet and phone no issues but not from my PC.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 2 of 12 (95 Views)

Re: 3520 drivers corrupt

Hi CurtisRW,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! :smileyhappy: I see you are running into some problems with the HP Deskjet 3520 software being corrupt. Everytime you restart the computer you must uninstall and reinstall the drivers, you have tried running the HP  PSDR with no success. To better assist you can you please let me know the following:

1. What is your current Windows Operating system?

2. How is the DJ 3520 connected, USB or Wireless?

3. When you attempt to print, what are the error messages you are receiving?

I will watch for your reply so we can begin troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
CurtisRW
Message 3 of 12 (90 Views)

1.Windows 7 64bit

2. Wireless

3.No error's, the printed document goes into a que and and so i can see it on the windows toolbar but never prints, so i close the program run psdr and that says 'drivers corrupt, uninstall and re-install. 

Thanks 

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 4 of 12 (78 Views)

Hi CurtisRW,

Thank you for the requested information. Please follow the steps listed below:

1. Start by uninstalling the current software you have installed: Uninstalling the Printer Software

2. Follow the instructions to remove the HP DJ 3520 software from your computers Control Panel's Uninstall a program option.

3. Restart the computer.

4. Make sure all the  DJ 3520 software is gone from the programs list as well as your HP folder listed under the All programs in your Start Menu.

5. Now go ahead and run the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows it was created to help Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 8.1 users download and install the latest and most appropriate HP software solution for their HP Printer.

6. Go ahead and print a test page.

7. If you are unable to print a test page, please run the HP Print and Scan Doctor- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

Are you now able to run the PSDR with no problems, if you restart the computer, are you running into the same issue?

Please let me know if this was successful! I will watch for your reply.

Thank you,

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
CurtisRW
Message 5 of 12 (76 Views)

Thanks I will try this now but surly this is no different from  what i've done a hundred times already?

Uninstall, restart and then re-install?

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 6 of 12 (72 Views)

CurtisRW,

We are running the HP PIW which will hopefully install software and drivers for the printer that are not corrupted.  :smileyhappy:

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
CurtisRW
Message 7 of 12 (70 Views)

Ah great, i will try in about 5-10 mins then and get back on here if it works

Top Student
CurtisRW
Message 8 of 12 (60 Views)

Unfortunatly, this didn't work.

I did everything above and then printed a test page and it all worked fine. I then printed a word document that needed printing this also worked fine. However, the printer always was fine after a install the problem occurs after a restart/shut down. 

So i restarted the computer and then opened word and tryed printing a page that said test. When I choose the printer in the options it said it was offline rather than online and just as before once i press print the document goes into an offline que so that when the printer comes online it will print.

I did however try something i never thought of befor and that was to go directly into the hp inkjet 3520 software and print a test page via there, wirdly this worked fine. So i returned to MS word thinking that maybe by launching the software made the printer appear online but it was still ofline and not working for word and any program other than to official HP software.

HP Support Agent
HevnLgh
Message 9 of 12 (57 Views)

CurtisRW,

Do you have the HP Deskjet 3520 or the HP Deskjet 3520 Inkjet printer?? :smileysurprised:

Check here: What is my Exact HP model?

HevnlghHelP
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
CurtisRW
Message 10 of 12 (53 Views)

Desk jet 3520
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation