Question

Student
Tremendosaurus
Message 1 of 1 (1,755 Views)

4015X Won't Print - Event 68.9440

Hi all,

We have an HP 4015X which was fine for a while after installing, but then ceased printing. It's still working on the network, and we can print directly to it using the web interface, but over TCP/IP printing the job sits in the queue and eventually errors.

Initially it had a "49.4C02" Printer Error event on it, which from some digging I found could be a firmware issue. So I've updated the firmware from "20080528 04.045.2" to "20081215 04.047.2". However this doesnt seem to have repaired the issue.

Now if I look at the event log it has 2 instances of an event "68.9440", which doesnt have any further info and doesn't turn up any results in a Google search. Does anyone know what this is?

I've tried all manner of drivers on mulitple different computers, so the problem must be down to the printer somewhere, but I just can't figure this one out.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation