64bit Windows XP Driver For OfficeJet Pro 8600 (1642 Views)
Student
ntallfi
Message 1 of 7 (1,642 Views)

64bit Windows XP Driver For OfficeJet Pro 8600

Hi,

Are there Windows XP 64 bit drivers for the OfficeJet Pro 8600?

Thanks

Grad Student
Akki78
Message 2 of 7 (1,623 Views)

Re: 64bit Windows XP Driver For OfficeJet Pro 8600

Hi.

Below is the link for software drivers:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-97846-2&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...
I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Honor Student
jeffbrer
Message 3 of 7 (1,530 Views)

You won't be able to run the disk that comes with the printer under WinXP 64-bit.Do this instead:

Complete the network settings on the printer, then go to Control Panel, "add printer". Select Local Printer (NO check in Auto Detect box) > Create a new port, Standard TCP/IP port and enter the printer IP address. If the address is valid, etc. you should end up at Install Printer Software, select Have Disk, navigate to CD Drive and select Autorun.inf.

Honor Student
gav1ns
Message 4 of 7 (868 Views)

thank u very much was very helpful ,thought i was going to have share the printer on a win 7 machine,but your way was great,is it possible to access the scanner as well via win xp x64 ?
HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 5 of 7 (854 Views)

Hello gav1ns. Here is a document that will show you how you can scan on Windows XP: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-xp/help/setup/print-scan-fax

Let me know if you find this useful or not. I'm only here to help!

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
Honor Student
gav1ns
Message 6 of 7 (853 Views)

Hey Super Mario 

thanks for getting back to me, I decided to print wireless off my laptop and then the walls came tumbling down, it printed once wirelessly lost connection,i couldn't print via ethernet or wireless and I could not do afactory reset to re run the network settings to go on ethernet,so first I need to sort that problem of being to print again and then I will try your link on the scanning which I am sure will be great,if you know of any tricks to get my ethernet back would be great,(i did try the pusing the back button 4 times at start up for secret menu) though it didn't work,i appreciate your help on the scanning as well very much

gav

HP Support Agent
SuperMario1
Message 7 of 7 (850 Views)

Personally, this seems like a router complication more than anything. To be certain, I would try turning off the printer, computer, router and modem. Afterward, turn them on in the opposite order. You may need to put the printer back on the wireless network, which you can do via the Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer.

If this doesn't fix the issue, there is probably a router issue which you need to look at further. Let me know if this helps.

Mario

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Super Mario 1
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation