10-24-2011 08:18 PM
Model: HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A Plus
OS: Windows 7 64-bit
Error Message: The following printhead has a problem "<symbol> K Y". Replace the printhead to resume printing.
I purchased the printer 2 weeks ago. Do I have to replace the printhead already? Printer use has been light.
10-24-2011 08:45 PM
Sorry to hear about the printhead problem this early on your new printer. The error is referring to replacing the black and yellow printhead. The cyan and magenta is fine at the moment, unless it will also come up with the same error. (i.e. Replace K/Y C/M printhead)
You can check the ff articles to resolve this issue.
Hope this works for you!
* If this post has helped you, the White Kudos star on the left is a great way to say thanks!
* Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem so other users can benefit as well.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)