Alignment Page not detected on Photosmart C4480 (1993 Views)
Tutor
GMStone
Message 1 of 16 (1,993 Views)

Alignment Page not detected on Photosmart C4480

Downloaded & Installed the Windows 7, 32 bit drivers & updates for my Photosmart C4480 All-in-one printer to use on my new (to me) Windows 7, Professional, SP-1, 32 bit  OS running on my Dell Optiplex 755 PC.  This HP All-in-one printer had been running Ok on my Windows XP,  SP-3 PC.  After the install,  the printer complains that the "Alignment Page not detected". The All-in-one file Downloaded & Installed was PS_AIO_03_C4400_NonNet_Full_Win_WW130_140.exe and the HP Solution Center software version is: 130.0.44.62.     Is there a FIX? 

Regents Professor
Travis_C
Message 2 of 16 (1,983 Views)

Re: Alignment Page not detected on Photosmart C4480

Hello GMStone

Have you tried aligning the printer? Does uninstalling the software remove the message?

Alignment Failed

Don't forgot to say thanks by giving "Kudos" to those that help solve your problems.

When a solution is found please mark the post that solves your issue.
Tutor
GMStone
Message 3 of 16 (1,979 Views)

Yes I have tried to align.  That's when I get the message "Alignment Page Not detected" displayed in the printer display and on the PC display.  No, I have not tried to uninstall the driver software.  The printer functions as a printer and a scanner OK.  Have not tried to make a copy yet.  But it will not detect the Alignment Page when I try to align the printer.  As I explained, this printer functioned OK when it was connected to a Windows XP PC.  Now that I connected it to a Windows 7 PC and installed the driver for Windows 7, it no longer aligns.  I think there is a BUG in the 32 bit Windows 7 driver.  Do you know how to notify HP of this problem?

Provost
pcwizard
Message 4 of 16 (1,968 Views)

Hi GMStone,

Try using the scrubber built into the CD or Download.

From Original installation CD:

1. Insert CD into drive, and then cancel the installer

2. Open My Computer, and then right click on the CD drive and chose open

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads​.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-74899-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Type %temp% in the run field

2. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

3. Open folder Util

4. Open folder CCC

5. If you have an HP computer run the L3uninstall.exe. If you have a non-HP computer run the L4uninstall.exe

6. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

7. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools

8. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads​.html

9. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-74899-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

10. Run the download to reinstall the printer

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
Tutor
GMStone
Message 5 of 16 (1,965 Views)

Re: Alignment Page not detected on Photosmart cartridge

I followed the instructions listed following:

If software was downloaded and extracted to your system:

as my install disk was made prior to the release of Windows 7.  I sorry to report that this did not correct the problem.  After printing the alignment page and placing it face down in the upper right corner of the glass, and pressing OK, the message "Alignment Page not detected" is displayed on the printer's LCD screen.  The printer software does seem to scan the page but fails to detect the alignment page.  The Solution Center displays the message: "Alignment Failed due to an incorrect page being in the scanner."  As I reported in my previous post, I can and have scanned documents using other software on this printer using this Windows 7 software driver.

Question!  At present the color cartridge is out of ink.  I plan to replace it as soon as I get to Sam's Club.  The Black cartridge is new and is why I am trying to align it.  Could the empty color cartridge be the cause of this problem?  This sure looks like a software BUG to me.  Thanks for your suggestions. 

Provost
pcwizard
Message 6 of 16 (1,957 Views)

Re: Alignment Page not detected on Photosmart cartridge

Hi GMStone,

Yes, an empty cartridge could cause this issue. If the alignment page is not getting the colors printed on it then the printer is unable to successfully align the printer. Replace the color cartridge, and then let me know if you continue to have this issue?

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
carsonmarkalso
Message 7 of 16 (1,091 Views)

I have followed the above instructions three times using the installation disck . It does not correct the "Alignment sheet not detected."

My printer is Photosmart C4780 working under Windows 7. All other commands are operational.

Now what?

Thank you for your kind attention.

Mark

Provost
pcwizard
Message 8 of 16 (1,083 Views)

Hi carsonmarkalso, 

Follow the steps in the document below for your printer. Let me know what you find out?

An 'Alignment page not detected' or 'Alignment failed' Message Displays on the All-in-One

I am an HP employee.

Top Student
carsonmarkalso
Message 9 of 16 (1,078 Views)

PCWizard,

Thank you for your reply. Basically, been there, done that, several times. And I have uninstalled the software, cleaned the hard drive, updated Flash Player, and reinstalled software sevral times

After the "fail" notice, HP Solution Center says "Alignment failed due to alignment plot in the scanner being skewed." I have printed the alignment sheet three times.

All other functions of he printer work.

Mark

Provost
pcwizard
Message 10 of 16 (1,058 Views)

Hi carsonmarkalso, 

When you print out the alignment page does all the colors blocks and lines look ok?

Are you using new OEM or Remanufactured cartridges in this printer?

Have you made sure that the alignment page is located in the correct corner of the scanner glass?

Graphic: Position the alignment page on the scanner glass

I am an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation