Question

Honor Student
ajk11801
Message 1 of 4 (2,952 Views)

Aol won't print

I just installed a C4450 on a desk top running XP service pak 3 and AOL 9.0. I can't print any thing on AOL. Every thing else prints - word , notepad ,ect.

Any Ideas ?

Student
Hezakiah
Message 2 of 4 (2,774 Views)

Re: Aol won't print

It isn't your printer, I have the same problem with the new Canon multifuction I just bought.Word,notebook,Openofice and everything prints fine,but AOL is boloxed. You can copy and paste wheat you want from AOL (email,ect) to your paticular office program and then print, which is a pain to do all the time OR you can install a copy of AOL 70 on your comp and use that for AOL print jobs.That's what I did. I haven't tried it with AOL 80 yet since I don't have the disk, but that may work to. I think it might be all the useless updates and security trash AOL forces on you that messed up AOL 90.
Honor Student
ajk11801
Message 3 of 4 (2,762 Views)

Thanks for the reply.  I got so fed up with the printer I returned it and bought a lexmark X6650. The ink is more expensive but it does so much more and now it prints everthing.   Once again Thanks
Honor Student
zipperdude
Message 4 of 4 (1,656 Views)

Lately, when I want to print an email and click on the print icon, nothing happens. No screen clomes up to select my printer. I don't think this is a printer problem. It used to work (I'd click on the printer icon and a screen came up that allowed me to proceed to the printer selection, then click print, and the selected email would print. Doesn't happen now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation