B210 and HP Solution Center (2444 Views)
Tutor
tccox
Message 1 of 24 (2,444 Views)

B210 and HP Solution Center

Help

Just bought a new B210 all in one and am happy except, I seem to be missing a lot of printing options(i.e. Shortcuts)   HP support said I needed to have HP Solutions center Software to get those options and suggested I uninstall all printer software and reinstall.  I did and still no HP Solutions Center Software.   It looks like this software was not included on the installation disk.  Anyone  have any idea as to how to get this software to install??????

System Windows 7 Home Premium

Printer set up on wireless network. 

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 24 (2,442 Views)

Re: B210 and HP Solution Center

[ Edited ]

Hi tccox,

If you go to the HP support page on the link below ( if not the correct country just select yours from the selector.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/siteHome?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk〈=en&product=top

Enter the model number of your printer, click next, choose Software and Downloads, select your Operating system, click next, click drivers.  What you are looking for is the Full Feature Software if it's available.  If it is, just dowload it and double click the installer to start the installation.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Tutor
tccox
Message 3 of 24 (2,433 Views)

Tried than, no go.  Just like with the disk it opens saying:

Recommended Software

HP Photoshop Plus B210 series Basic Device Software

HP Photoshop Plus B210 series Basic Device Help

HP Photoshop Plus B210 series Product Improvement

HP Update

No mention at all of Software Solutions

Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 24 (2,431 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi tccox,

Could you post back your printer model, there should be a letter after B210.  It is possible that there's no full feature software for your printer and OS. 

Or did you find the Full Feature Software and this is all it offers?

Look forward to hearing from you,

DP-K

Tutor
tccox
Message 5 of 24 (2,423 Views)

Sorry

Its a B210A.  And I still have not found a solution.  Hp is mailing me a new install disk.   I've already tried downloading the software from the net and reinstalling from that but stil no luck

Tutor
tccox
Message 6 of 24 (2,391 Views)

New install disk did not work. Has anyone els bought a B210 and cannot get Solution Center and toolbox software to install. Is there any chance that they are not avaliable because I have it installed as a wireless network printer ????

Provost
DavidPK
Message 7 of 24 (2,382 Views)

Hi,

This is the only Full Feature Software download I can find for your printer and OS.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software11/COL34268/mp-84870-2/PSB210_334.3.exe

DP-K

Tutor
tccox
Message 8 of 24 (2,371 Views)

Thank you but thats the file I've already tried.  I  tried to install it also on my sons VISTA laptop with the same results. So I'm beginning to suspect  the problem is with HP.   This is a new printer just introduced and it appears software was left out of the installation disk.  If that was intentional then they should rewrite the users guide to remove reference to all these features that are not available.   Or they should issue a quick fix to the software. I still have not found anyone whos bought a B210 to see if they are having the same problem.  Very disappointed in HP right now. 

Honor Student
tcc45
Message 9 of 24 (2,347 Views)

I purchased the same printer 2 days ago, the HP Photosmart e Plus Model B210a.  I am experiencing the same issues as tccox.  There is not a "Shortcut" tab in printer preferences and many of the features referred to in the instructions and on line are missing. For example ther is not an option for manual 2 sided printing where you can print on one side then turn the pages over and print on the other side.  Also, the printer will print "back to front" when "front to back" is chosen.  If you continue printing it will alternately change back and forth between the two options even when the same option is chosen.  I know this is confusing, but to summarize, you can not consistently print front to back no matter which option you choose.

I spent several hours on the phone with technical support.  I uninstalled the software and reinstalled it.  I downloaded and installed the Full Featured Software and Drivers, and none of these solved the problem.  I am doing all of the installations through a USB cable.  I have 2 PCs that are both showing the same issue.  The tech support person remoted in to my PC and verified that I was doing everything properly.  He finally said that the problem was that my PCs were running on Windows XP and I needed to get a new computer running Vista or Windows 7.  I now see that tccox is having the same issues and has Vista and Windows 7 on his PCs. 

Its clear that HP has a significant problem with either the print drivers and/or firmware for this printer.  I have purchased HP printers for over 15 years but this may be my last.  If these issues can be fixed, I think this would be a great printer.  If HP is monitoring this forum, please help solve this issue ASAP.

Tutor
tccox
Message 10 of 24 (2,338 Views)

THANK YOU........ Its good to know that it isn't just me.  It appears now that the problem is not with our computers but with the actual software provided by HP.  I've tried the install on two different computers with the same result, On Windows 7 and one VISTA machine.  HP needs to fix this, quick or they'll lose me as a customer also.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation