Question

Honor Student
korybroere
Message 1 of 12 (16,053 Views)
Accepted Solution

Black ink will not print

Black in k will not print from my L7590. The ink level indicated it was getting low so I replaced the cartridge. The ink level now reads full but no black ink comes out. I unplugged the machine to reset it. I ran the align printhead, clean printhead and calibrate line feed utilities from the printer toolbox. I even purchase a second new black print cartridge. I still do not print black ink. What would my next step be?

Thank you

Intern
ACheeseDanish
Message 2 of 12 (16,038 Views)

Re: Black ink will not print

During the print test, did it print on the paper?

If not, you may have to replace the print heads.

Please thank me if I helped solve your problem or gave you useful information!
Printer: HP LaserJet P2015
Honor Student
korybroere
Message 3 of 12 (16,026 Views)

During the print test all colors work except black. Could that still be print heads?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 12 (16,014 Views)

I think the problem is the Black\Yellow printhead. Have you tried cleaning the electrical contacts on the printhead and the printer head slot? I'd try this too.

Also, when was the last time you replaced the printheads?

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Intern
ACheeseDanish
Message 5 of 12 (16,011 Views)

Yes, I agree with Dexter. It could be the Black/Yellow printhead that is the problem.

And if you haven't changed the printheads since you have owned the printer, it

may be time to do so.

Please thank me if I helped solve your problem or gave you useful information!
Printer: HP LaserJet P2015
Student
jcw56
Message 6 of 12 (16,004 Views)

My 6310 will not print in black.. test prints.. but no black.   printer is brand new. 

Honor Student
swarga
Message 7 of 12 (15,242 Views)

I have the same printer with the same problem.

Open the HP solution center, click on settings/ print settings/ printer toolbox.

Click on the services tab and click clean print heads.

Do this over and over till it prints properly. (It took me 8 sheets)

If the problem returns, you likely need to replace the print head. Most places sell it for $72.

DONT CALL HP SUPPORT. They will just tell you it is a hardware issue and try to sell you a now printer for more than what Staples and Office Max sell them for. Then they will charge you to tell you what I just did.

If I solved your problem, GREAT Have a nice day.

Here is my story:

I have a HP Officejet Pro L7590.

For the last week I have to clean my print head every time the printer goes for 3 or more hours with out printing anything.

I called Tech support today, first I am told the unit is out of warranty and then I explained the issue and they told me it was a hardware issue. They guy was real nice and offered to make me a great deal on a new printer. They offered two different units. The deals they offered were $30 more than I can buy the same exact printer from Staples or Office Max.

I told the guy I thought he was going to offer me a deal and he said he is. He could not understand why I would not wait for a new unit then ship my unit back to him for a $50 rebate. I told him I can buy either one of the printers he offered for $30 less, have it in 15 minutes, and still get the $50 rebate with out having to ship the old one back.

Then he offered me a service plan. $30  for one service call. I told him I was not going to pay someone $30 to tell me to go buy a $72 print head, especially when the guy just tried to sell me a printer for more than what Staples & Office Max sell them for. If a $30 service plan would fix my issue then why was he trying to sell me a $300 printer?

I have owned 3 all in ones, and 6 desk jets over the last 10 years, I have had issues with printers in the past and called tech support. I had helpful people with solutions and if my warranty was expired the tech would tell me, I am 99% sure we can solve your issue but you need to get the new service plan. I got the plan and the solution worked. I was a happy customer.

That was not the case today.

Today "Tom" my, English as a second language, HP Customer service rep, tried to sell me something, Offered no solutions and then asked what my budget was for a new printer. They guy just tried to screw me on two other printers, why would I buy anything from him.

I am so fed up with companies trying to screw their clients instead of providing customer service.

HP needs to do business like they talk. My software is called the "HP Solution Center". They didn't offer solutions for my problem. They just tried to eliminate the middle man and charge me more money for it.

I guess I am going to be in the market for a different printer manufacture.

Student
skiesofblue
Message 8 of 12 (15,038 Views)

I had the same problem: the black ink did not print.

Cleaning the printheads worked.

Thank you.

Student
barbiska
Message 9 of 12 (13,924 Views)

Weird, but I managed to fix the same problem, probably by unplugging the machine and starting it again. I guess it reset itself this way.

I have all in 1 HP C7250 and have had problems with black ink for months. After many trials of alignment and head cleaning, it stopped printing black entirely. Today I removed the black ink cartridge, cleaned around the holes with a cotton swab, and reinserted the same cartridge.  I doubt if this process did anything to correct the problem. But then in desperation I also pulled the electric plug out (tried to shut it down first, but it refused..). 

Restarted, printed out a document, and all of a sudden it's printing perfectly!!!

I hope yours responds to this trick as well.

Student
sandblom
Message 10 of 12 (13,707 Views)

korybroere wrote:

Black in k will not print from my L7590. The ink level indicated it was getting low so I replaced the cartridge. The ink level now reads full but no black ink comes out. I unplugged the machine to reset it. I ran the align printhead, clean printhead and calibrate line feed utilities from the printer toolbox. I even purchase a second new black print cartridge. I still do not print black ink. What would my next step be?

Thank you

I am soooo angry!  My HP PHOTOSMART PLUS won't print black ink even though I ALWAYS buy genuine HP products! I installed a brand new cartridge and all I get is faded blue! I even carry the convenient "INK CARD" in my wallet with precisely the right ink replacement numbers! I'm trying to print my flight itinerary and the stupid product proves unreliable! Thanks alot HP!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation