Question

Honor Student
sicro
Message 1 of 2 (6,269 Views)

C4200-Print cartridge missing or not detected

Hello... I made a new topic because my printer did this after working fine. It didnt happen after removing the cartridge or something, but "out of the blue". There were some electricity problems, with the power going on and off rather quickly..

the problem is with the Black Cartridge---

I have done this:

Press the Power button and Cancel button together at the same time and release them. The display will show 'Enter Special key Combo'
Now Press the Blue, Green and Grey button in this order ONE AFTER THE OTHER. Now the display will show 'Support '.
Keep pressing the Blue button till you see System Diagnostics Menu. Not press OK.
Look for Print Mech Button tap and press OK.
Display will show Code=0. Keep pressing the Blue button until it shows Code=10. Now press the OK button.
Now the printer will print a page with a lot of info on it. Now please post here the values for the following numbers:

16, 53, 63, 54, 64, 56, 66, 57, 67. 

The values are: 16= PX=4; 53= PX=4; 63= PX=4; 54= HP=1; 64= HP=1; 56 = STAT=0; 66= STAT=8; 57= LOI=0; 67= LOI=2000;   When i try to do the "43 code" test, withouth the black cartridge in, it doesnt print anything on the paper, it comes out blank. It's so weird that it can print the 10code with black ink, but it says it cant find the cartdridge. The cartridge has been refilled, but it worked fine after that..

Honor Student
sicro
Message 2 of 2 (6,267 Views)

Re: C4200-Print cartridge missing or not detected

It seemed it missed the black cartridge when i was trying to print that 43 code, because now it prints fine and doesnt show any error messages. Had any idea what the problem was? I hope it doesnt mean the printer is broken..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation