Question

Honor Student
Kriya6
Message 1 of 4 (1,524 Views)

C4280 Alignment Page not detected

Ok.  I tried the support options through the solution center that comes up when I just click the icon on my desktop.  Nothing actually adresses this issue that I could find. 

The problem is that I keep getting a message on my printer's display that says "Alignment page not detected."  I am working with Windows 7, I unplug both the USB and power cord when I'm not printing as I don't print that often.  Recently I had to change my black ink, which is all I use.  In the past this has not been a problem.  The alignment page prints fine, in black and white of course, the scanner seems to be trying to scan it, but for some reason it's not seeing it.  I had some issues with scanning photos a while back, but I was NOT getting a new alignment page every single time I turn on my printer either.  Every time I try to print something, the printer tries to go through the alignment process so I am going through lots of ink and paper, which is a problem for me.  I'm getting ready to go back to school again, too, so I'd like to resolve this before that happens and I'm printing a lot more.  Thanks everyone!

Brandi

Tutor
cwkaiser
Message 2 of 4 (964 Views)

Re: C4280 Alignment Page not detected

I'm having the same problem, and all HP suppport will do is to try to sell me a new printer. There does not appear to be any other solution.

Student
adelup
Message 3 of 4 (798 Views)

Have you found a solution? I have the same problem.

Honor Student
MikeyV
Message 4 of 4 (645 Views)

I have the same problem! Is there anyone home at HP?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation