Question

Honor Student
romeomic
Message 1 of 9 (9,630 Views)

C4385 Wireless Printer

I have a C4385 printer.  It prints great when connected to my laptop via USB, but will not print via the wireless mode.  I installed the software with the USB cable connected to my laptop as instructed, but when I remove the cable It recognizes my wireless router, but I will not print.  When I go to print a page it says that printer has been deleted.  When I look in the control panel I see the icon for the C4385. 

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

MAR

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 2 of 9 (9,627 Views)

Re: C4385 Wireless Printer

Unplug the USB cable from your computer. Using the installation disk, uninstall the printer software from your PC. Then view the video at the bottom of THIS page to know how to connect the printer wirelessly. Make you you select the connection type as Wireless during the software installation, and DO NOT plug in the USB cable until you are prompted to do so from the installation.

----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
romeomic
Message 3 of 9 (9,625 Views)

Understood.  Do not have the install disks.  I have down loaded the software from the HP support page.  Will this work?

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 4 of 9 (9,596 Views)

That'll do just fine.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
ImaAndrea
Message 5 of 9 (9,571 Views)

I have a HP C4385 all-in-one printer but, i'm having trouble wireless connecting to my macbook. It works fine for my desktop and has worked before wirelessly for my laptop but, now it doesn't. I tried deleting it as a printer but now it won't recognize again and i'm also seeing hpsetup on my wireless connections now.

Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 6 of 9 (9,557 Views)

It seems like the printer is no longer connected to your wireless network. Run the software installation on a printer and select 'Install' or 'Add A Device' on the Welcome screen. Select the connection type as Wireless, and the software will not find the printer on the network, which is normal. Click on the Next button and plug in the USB cable when prompted so that you can specify your wireless network settings again.

I am an ex-HP Employee.
Honor Student
Big_Bob
Message 7 of 9 (848 Views)

There is no video at the bottom of THIS page.  In fact there is no page-url is not working.

Honor Student
Big_Bob
Message 8 of 9 (846 Views)

There is no video at the bottom of THIS page.  In fact there is no page-url is not working.

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 9 of 9 (734 Views)

Hi Bob, not sure what's going on with the link.

Check out the post below, does this help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-Networking-and-Wireless/Photosmart-C4380-wireless-connection-st...

Ciara

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation