Question

Honor Student
ANGUS271
Message 1 of 3 (275 Views)

C4580 Mac wireless issue

Recently updated to OSX Mavericks on my mac. Now cannot get my C4580 to work with wireless network. Have followed all the support steps/software updates etc but nothing works. When I try to set up network configuration through the setup assistant in device manager it crashes with an error message saying that "HP setup assistant quit unexpectedly". Any ideas how to get the wireless set up again?

Student
olga_edney
Message 2 of 3 (141 Views)

Re: C4580 Mac wireless issue

Did you ever figure this out?  Ihave exactly the same issue...

Honor Student
ANGUS271
Message 3 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: C4580 Mac wireless issue

Hi Olga, I did figure it out thanks to another user but forgot to post it in this thread! In the end I connected the printer to an old windows XP Laptop that had the HP software on it. I then reconfigured the printer to work wirelessly and reconnected it to the mac. Then ran through the mac setup from the beginning. Apparently you can download HP software for windows but not for Mac OS! All it needed was the HP software to re activate the wireless settings which allowed the mac to then recognise the printer wirelessly. Hope you have an old windows computer somewhere! Good luck, hope it works for you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation