Question

Top Student
steven-h
Message 1 of 8 (6,366 Views)

C7250 Duplex Printing

I just purchased a Photosmart C7250 and it gives a popup that the automatic two-sided printing module is not installed.  It is installed. After much time with tech support chat they had me install a deskjst 990c and use that driver.  It does fix the problem however I do not find that acceptable.  I thank HP should fix the C7250 driver problem now.
Tutor
kln1208
Message 2 of 8 (6,322 Views)

Re: C7250 Duplex Printing

Please click on ok, when you are experiencing the message, then you can print duplexing.

else install the following updated drivers which is for Vista.

Here are the steps:

1) Click Add Printer
2) Select local printer
3) Choose Port as LPT1
4) Choose HP and then select HP Deskjet 6500

After the driver is installed, perform below steps:

1) Right click on HP Deskjet 6500 printer icon in Printers folder
2) Click on Properties
3) Click on Ports tab
4) Click Add a port ---> New Port -----> Select STANDARD TCP/IP PORT (HP Std TCP/IP port    would be the one already selected) --->Enter the Ipaddress for the Std TCP/IP port,    create a port.
5) Click Apply and click Ok

Now try to print.

Close any application we are trying to Duplex from

--- Open the Properties for the driver and under the Finishing tab, select Print on Both Sides manually, and Preserve Layout. Leave all other driver settings default, and try printing from Wordpad first before printing from application

Else install the new version drivers using the following weblink.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-52268-4&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

Top Student
steven-h
Message 3 of 8 (6,321 Views)

Thanks but, that is no different from installing the 990 driver.  My point is that HP should fix the problem with the C7250 drivers. 
Honor Student
Iceman3
Message 4 of 8 (5,834 Views)

I had the same problem. Support didn't tell me this was a 'known' issue and had me stand on my head reconfiguring the settings. Nothing worked.

Finally they emailed me a workaround which consisted of installing 990c printer to use for duplex printing.

I also think this is a cop out and that they should fix the C7250 XP drivers.

If enough people who bought from Costco returned them, HP might wake up.  I understand Costco sells on consignment so everything returned goes straight back to the supplier.

Unfortunately I like everything else about this printer so I might put up with this annoyance.

Honor Student
Iceman3
Message 5 of 8 (5,823 Views)

Follow up.

After searching other posts I found that the problem is a false indication on the pop-up. Apparently this only affects wi-fi connected printers.

This 'solution' was to just ignore the popup message and click the print single sided button and the doc prints duplex anyway.

Now I'm really disgusted that their support doesn't offer this solution. C'mon HP get with it & read up on your own solutions.

Student
MAGOO56
Message 6 of 8 (4,673 Views)

It's not just WiFi as I see the same problem over a wired network printing from XP. I find it interesting that it works fine from my other non-Windows systems. I agree that HP should provide an updated XP driver to resolve the issue.
Regents Professor
DexterM
Message 7 of 8 (4,668 Views)

I believe HP has already released a driver update for this particular issue. Just look for HP Print Driver Update under the Software and Driver Downloads section for your printer, then download and install it. You can use the Support & Drivers link at the top of the page to start seaching for it.
----------------------------
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with \'Accept as Solution\' if it solves your problem.
Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
I am an ex-HP Employee.
Top Student
jarke
Message 8 of 8 (1,127 Views)

The easy way to enable automatic two sided printing on the HP Photoshop c7250 is to right click on the printer icon and choose properties.  On the properties box click on "Device Settings".  Under the Device Settings dialog box under installable options make sure you install 2 sided printing.  The rest is easily chosen under properties after this is installed.  I hope it works well for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation