Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Just installed my new Photosmart C7280.  Seems to be working OK except for 2-sided printing.  Says the module isn't installed.  I've made sure the Device Settings say "installed" for the duplex unit; I've taken the unit off and put it back on to make sure it is on securely; and that printer preferences is set to 2-sided printing.  I just spent over an hour with an HP technician who could not even figure out to assist me and then stated I needed to call back tomorrow because he was getting off shift.  Help please.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are most welcome,

This is an bug which is present while you are trying to print duplex printing, at present we request you to use the workaround which we have.

Since your issue is resolved I request you make this thread as Solved so that others can see this post and benefit from your post. Apply the label solved so that the thread becomes as solved.

View solution in original post

64 REPLIES 64
HP Recommended

May I know if you are getting any popup while printing on both sides of the page from any applicaitons? if that is the case then on the popup click on ok button and it will print using the duplex printing.

Let me know if you have tried this solution and let me know the result.

HP Recommended
Yes, I get a popup that says the module isn't installed.  I can print anyway or cancel print.  I clicked print anyway as you suggested and it did print both sides.  Would be nice not to get this incorrect error message, but at least it works.  Thank you.
HP Recommended

You are most welcome,

This is an bug which is present while you are trying to print duplex printing, at present we request you to use the workaround which we have.

Since your issue is resolved I request you make this thread as Solved so that others can see this post and benefit from your post. Apply the label solved so that the thread becomes as solved.

HP Recommended
I just purchased a Photosmart c7250 and it gives me the same problem popup that the module is not installed.  After much time with tech support chat they had me install a deskjst 990c and use that driver.  It does fix the problem however I do not find that acceptable.  I thank HP should fix the problem now.  I for one am here to help.
HP Recommended
Hello Steven, when you get the pop up you can try by clicking on OK to continue with the duplex printing.
HP Recommended
I understand that clicking OK will cause it to work. The problem is there is a problem. Just wondering how long it will take HP to fix it?  For this reason I do not thing this thread should be closed.  A work around is not a fix.
HP Recommended

Yes, leave this thread open. It may save someone from doing as I did. I purchased a C7280 and got the same reaction when I tried to use double sided print.

I asked at the retailer where I purchased and was told it was an optional extra. I ordered one from HP authorised parts supplier, to find when it arrived that I already had the unit installed.

Item is marked as "Not returnable" so I am real unhappy. Unit was half the price of printer and now I have 2 duplex units that do not work.

Not a good advert HP! I purchased the C7280 as I wanted double sided printing. What a disappointment.

I am in Australia.

Regards,

Chris

HP Recommended
Have just spent several hours workinh on duplex printing on an almost new printer.  I can not believe that this is a known problem and EVERYONE who tries to duplex print will have the same problem.  Surely when I registered the product I could have been informed of the KNOWN problem.  I find it hard to believe that HP could do this to its customers.
HP Recommended

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.