Question
C7280 Printer Windows 8.1 Drivers not running
Replies (25)

Student
mescal77
Message 11 of 26 (782 Views)

Re: C7280 Printer Windows 8.1 Drivers not running

I have the same problem described by TheBaz:

- jsut after  the upgrade to Windows 8.1 the C7280 stopped to work as scanner.

- I tried to install the latest drivers and software manually chosen from HP site, but during installation I have the same massege reported by TheBaz

- I tried to use the guided installation, but it stops during the download of files: I tried several times but at the end of the download a message like "download was cancelled" appears. (I also disabled the antivirus during the installation).

Now I have an unusable printer, I waste a lot of time trying to install it... I am very disappointed!!!!

Please anybody from HP can help?

Thanks and regards

Tutor
TheBaz
Message 12 of 26 (771 Views)

try this program HP gave me this is the only way I got it to work via USB

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?cc=us&lc=en&docname=c02691615

I cannot install there softwear at all

Student
PDXGuy
Message 13 of 26 (662 Views)

Has anyone gotten the software package to install under Win 8.1? 

I can get the Install Wizard to install a basic printer driver, but the full software package doesn't install. 

HP Support Agent
happytohelp01
Message 14 of 26 (617 Views)

HI PDXGuy,

Welcome to the HP Support forums.  I understand that you are having problems getting the full feature software and drivers to install for your Photosmart C7280.

To better assist you, would you please provide some further information:

1. Have you tried downloading the full feature and software and drivers from the HP.com website and saving it to your desktop and then running the file? 
  2. Are you trying to install for a USB connection or a wireless connection?
  3. Did the Printer Install Wizard give you the option to choose the full feature software?

Thank you.

HP Photosmart Full Feature Software and Drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-110038-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en...=

Regards,
Happytohelp01

Please click on the Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
TheBaz
Message 15 of 26 (609 Views)

yes ,, yet again I have downloaded the software yet again it dose not run, only way can use the printer is via USB & Printer Wizard, had to buy a long USB lead to do it

Honor Student
Jeffaim
Message 16 of 26 (568 Views)

Hello Guys from HP,

I've the same problem the printer is working find but not hte scanner.

Do you understand that we are several users who download the full drivers kits for the Photosmart C7280 "PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408.exe" and this package is not working on Windows 8.1. There is an issue with links and the setup file is not able to find the other files. HP Doctor app is not able to solve the issue. I've uninstall and re-download the drivers several time.

Hope someone in HP is able to quickly solve the issue otherwise I'll have to move to another brand of printer.

Top Student
abranham
Message 17 of 26 (540 Views)

I downloaded the setup installer for drivers and software (package: PS_AIO_02_Net_Full_Win_WW_140_408.exe) from the HP website.  After running it and getting through the extraction phase, I reach the main menu of the installer.  After clicking install I receive a pop-up message "The system cannot find the file specified."   Retrying does nothing.  Please advise, I cannot use my printer.

I have Windows 8.1 64-bit Upgrade from Windows 8.

C7280.png

HP Support Agent
Sunshyn2005
Message 18 of 26 (525 Views)

Hi folks,

I found a post from another community member that I feel will resolve both the scanning issue as well as the 'can not find file specified' error. Please follow the instructions in this link. Completely remove and reinstall software.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue or not. I will gladly provide additional assistance.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please click the "Thumbs Up", just below, if you LIKE my post, or to say Thanks for helping!
Also, please consider marking my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Sunshyn2005

I work on behalf of HP
Tutor
TheBaz
Message 19 of 26 (524 Views)

Hi

Yes done all this still will not install softwear when will you get it fixed seems to be alot of us with same problem since updating from windows 8 to 8.1

Top Student
abranham
Message 20 of 26 (491 Views)

Hi,

I followed the instructions to completely remove the software using the L4 Uninstaller and that seems to have removed everything correctly, however when re-running the installer I encounter the same error as above.  This time I tried to click on the Readme button to see what that would do and it gives an error that it cannot find a file as well.

"Windows cannot find "C:\Users\Arthur\AppData\Local\Temp\7zS61D2\setup\Readme\.lang.\Readme.html. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

I tried to traverse to the directory to see which folder did not exist and it was the ".lang." folder under Readme.  In the Readme folder there are a series of subdirectories for each language pack. I suspect there is a missing environment variable or system setting that this program is trying to use to build a dynamic path and in it's absense uses ".lang."?  Any further suggestions?C7280-Readme.png

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation