CANNOT CONNECT TO WEB SERVICES SETUP (364 Views)
Student
ZACKCONST
Message 1 of 2 (364 Views)

CANNOT CONNECT TO WEB SERVICES SETUP

TRYING TO SET UP MY NEW HP OFFICEJET PRO 8500A PRINTER AND CANNOT  GET A CONNECTION TO SET UP THE WEB SERVICES. I CAN'T EVEN GET PAST THE LOGIN PORTION OF THE EPRINTCENTER.COM SITE, SO I CAN GET A WEB ADDRESS FOR MY PRINTER.

Student
jstoltz
Message 2 of 2 (198 Views)

Re: CANNOT CONNECT TO WEB SERVICES SETUP

I just went through the issue of setting up a new HP 8500a Premium and it would not find the internet. I have an Envy 100 at home

and used this same method to clear an error on it.

I used the following, got into a screen to enable/disable network and wireless (which I had already done from inside the normal menu) but this time it worked, an update completed and the internet was accessible. Wierd.....

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Well, I finally got mine to work.  I sorta did what McgLnx suggested.  Outside of the LCD screen are four buttons (if you look hard or get to the correct angle and light, you can see them, because they only light-up under certain conditions).

I did BL-TL-BR-TL multiple times, and suddenly the screen went black.  It reset on its own, and I was back in business.  I never had to use the secret menu reset.

I'm not 100% sure what really happened, but I kept trying BL-TL-BR-TL several times, and like I said, the screen went black and reset.  So give this a try.

I also took his advice and went to Best Buy beforehand and practiced.  If you do BL-TL-BR-TL, it will get you to a secret menu.  Hit the right arrow twice, which gets you to the Reset menu. Hit OK, then the right arrow again, and you get to the Partial Reset.  Hit OK, and it will shutdown the printer.  Restart the printer, and then go through the setup process.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Best of luck all.

J

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation