Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Diagnostic page.jpg     My CM1312 recently developed a problem with the color alignment. Colors looked blurred and overlap. I have tried cleaning, extensive recalibrating, new toner cartridges, firmware update, factory default reset, NV reset, software reinstall, but nothing helps correct the problem.

I have looked extensively on the web for help but can not find a solution. Others have had the exact same problem, but no one seems to have a solution to it. Everyone says the color is off towards the bottom right of the diagnostic page. Mine is the same. I will attach a copy of the printout.

Please help as I am out of ideas and can't afford to buy a new printer at this time!

Mark

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Mark,

If you have not already, I recommend going to this link and posting your questions regarding the printer.  Good Luck!

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Support-Forums/ct-p/business-support

I work for HP but my posts and replies are my own....Thank you!

*Say thanks by clicking the *Kudos!* which is on the left*

*Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with (Accept as Solution) if it solves your issue.*

HP Recommended

Thanks stix4, I'll give it a try, hopefully someone will have a solution as I can't find anything anywhere!

Mark

HP Recommended

Hello,

I have a similar error on magenta alignment.

I have already changed to a new magenta toner.

¿What can I do?

I have come to this post from the HP support forum where one user has a similar error.

The user shows his "diagnostic page" color alignment similar to my "diagnostic page" of my HP CM1312nfi MFP

LINK: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup-e-g-Windows-8/CM1312-color-alignment-p...

Please, help me.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have also problem with missalignment of the colors.

At first it looked like I had problem with the black and mangenta.

So I tried to do multiple calibrations of the printer. (And it calibrates it self every second day.) But the problem remained.

The black cartage was almost emty, so I replaced it with a new one. Then I only had problem with the mangenta.

(How can this be physicaly possible? Isn't the color cartages just dumb color containsers with a selen drum?)

So now I have replaced the mangenta cartage even if it had 9% left. But it did not solve the problem.

The mangenta printing is 1mm off to the right and also 1mm down compared the the black.

And it is not even over the whole page. See some corner parts from the diagnose page below.

Test pattern.bmp

Anyone who know how to solve this?

Do I really have to thake the printer apart and resolder all solder joints?

Best regards,

/Sören

HP Recommended

Hi again,

One more thing about the problem:

When I struggled with the problem the yellow cartage was at 3% and cyan at 12%. (Black 99% and magenta 9%)

So then I replaced also the yellow cartage. And now the printout looks perfect!!!

How can a almost empty cartage damage the alignment for another cartage?

Can someone from HP explain that too me?

The corner part from the diagnose page now looks as follows. Not 100% perfect. But almost.

Skrivarens testsida2.png

The toner level is now: Black:90%, cyan:8%, magenta:96% and yellow:100%

I wonder if the colors will be more and more misaligned when the cyan level drops closer to 0%?

Shall I turn off the calibration? Now it calibrates every 48h.

(I will try to turn it off and see what happens...)

Best regards,

/Sören

HP Recommended

Hi

Had exactly the same problem here. After changing all empty cartridges (except yellow as it still had about 9% of toner) the missalignement was still there. I run almost 10 recalibrations (as I read in this forum it may take several recalibration runs to get a proper alignement) and lost 5% of toner fill, without success.

After reading your post I also changed the yellow toner ... and YES, the printer worked perfectly again! Thanks for the tip, Sören (I added a kudo).

What sounds strange to me:

- Mainly magenta was missaligned in both cases

- In both cases changing the yellow cartridge (not empty) solved the problem

-> I cannot see a reason for this

-> Is this a toner cartridge selling optimization feature?

HP Recommended

I am sorry, but to get your issue more exposure I would suggest posting it in the commercial forums since this is a commercial printer. You can do this at Printers - LaserJet.
Click on New Post.

I hope this helps.
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.