Question

Tutor
RandyinKennewic
Message 1 of 7 (11,020 Views)
Accepted Solution

CM1312nfi driver install problem

I have an HP CM1312nfi on a wired network.  I can print to the printer just fine from a vista machine.  I am now trying to get an XP machine to print to it.

The XP machine is running SP3, everything up to date. 

I tried to install from the disk supplied but got the same issue described below.

I went to the HP driver download site and got the following file for an XP install:  CM1312-net-express-install-win32-AM-EMEA1.exe.  During install everything seems to go well.  I am able to get to the point of selecting the printer to install.  When the install continues at this point, I get an error window that says "The system cannot find the path specified".  No other info.  The header on the window says:

"C:\HP_CM1312_Net_Express_Install\setup\hppnet01.exe" -networkonly -I ENU -f C:\windows\hppins11.dat -Validate ...

The install then backs out and has me download the Solution for HP Installation Error on Windows XP.  I've gone through that several times.  Same result.

Any solution to this?

Tutor
RandyinKennewic
Message 2 of 7 (10,999 Views)

Re: CM1312nfi driver install problem

Here's an interesting update.

I downloaded the file CM1312series_full_solution_v5.0_AM-EMEA.exe thinking that the "net-express" version had issues.  So I turn off my firewall and run the "full solution" version.  The install gets all the way to the point of "Identify Printer".  If I let it select from a list of detected printers, hit "next", it shows my connected printer.  Everything looks great!  I select the printer, the only one in the box, hit next, and it bounces me back to the screen asking me how I will connect my device to this computer.  I say "network", and the sequence repeats over and over.  It doesn't matter if I have the installer find the printer or I put in the IP address.  The installer is stuck in a continous loop.  When I cancel, it reverses the install, sends something to HP, and the install asks me to reboot. 

Quite maddening for something that should be simple.  I can ping the printer from the command line.  I can use a browser and see the status screens for the printer.  I can make the printer print status reports and demo pages.  But I can't get the **bleep** drivers to load on the PC to actually print something to the printer.

Running XP SP3, all up to date.

Tutor
RandyinKennewic
Message 3 of 7 (10,981 Views)

Ok.  Still trying to get this printer to be used by an XP machine.  (I thought my Vista machine was going to be picky!)

Updated the firmware on the printer to see if that's the culprite.  No change.  XP is SP3 and all up to date.  Using the latest software from the HP driver site.  Latest firmware on the printer now.

Install goes all the way to the point of picking the printer from the list of detected printers.  I select it, hit next and then I am back to the screen that says "choose how you will connect your device to this computer".  I can repeat this over and over and the software never gets out of this series of steps.  I cancel and it backs itself out.

Not sure what to do now.  May have to return the printer.  Sucks because the printer is exactly what I was looking for.

Tutor
RandyinKennewic
Message 4 of 7 (10,954 Views)

Ok, went through install again tonight.  Same thing.  Install gets stuck at a look where I pick the printer and then it asks me how I want to connect the device.  I select the device then back to the select page.  I last night, I tried the online chat.  The CM1312 was not listed on the list of available printers so I got one that was close.  The person chatting gave me a link that proved to be dead or not available.  Ok.  Tonight I try phone support.  I go through the phone tree to be given a number to call.  It transfers and turns out the office is closed.  Web site says 24/7 support for most products.  Guess not for the CM1312nfi !!!  From what I can tell, HP doesn't suppor this printer at all. 

I can see the printer.  I have it on one PC.  Second PC will not finish the install.  Amazing.

Tutor
RandyinKennewic
Message 5 of 7 (10,898 Views)

Ok, got with in-person technical support and they connected to the PC and saw the problem.  They could not get the printer install to finish either.  However, during the call he mentioned that my old multi-function needed to be uninstalled for things to work.  He deleted some of the files, however, the install problem persisted.  After the call, I did a complete uninstall of all the old multifunction components and reinstalled the HP software.  Install completed and it is up and running on the network!  Even though the call to customer service didn't solve it on line, he got me looking in the right direction. 

Issue solved.

Student
xiaoyaoxing
Message 6 of 7 (9,634 Views)

Hi..Can you tell me exactly what did u do to resolve this issue. What did u delete? I got the same problem on CP2020 series driver installation. Did all the steps mentioned in the guide but problem still persists. Thank you very much.

Student
njlive1000
Message 7 of 7 (5,856 Views)

Yes, I have had some problems too.

I have installed uninstalled the software six times.  Three with wired network and the other three with USB.

I am only running the one machine as of now.

Funning thing, when the ICS service failed so did the printer.   I downloaded SP3 and it fixed the ICS the first time.

It soon failed until   I downloaded SP3 with networking.

Everything prints exceptFax softwareERROR MESSAGE: device not connected or turned off.

What hp drivers are suppose to be listed in the firewall exception list?

Please helpI need the fax software to work

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation