Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

i dont know the password set for my printer and now i want to reset it to configure it again. could you tell me how to do a cold reset on HP laserjet MFP M127fw Or its default passwords?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the below steps to restore defaults

1. On the product control panel, touch the Setup button.

2. Scroll to and touch the Service menu.

3. Scroll to and touch the Restore Defaults button, and then touch the OK button.

The product automatically restarts.

If this does not help, check your inbox for the steps to do a reset.

Hope this helps

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Please follow the below steps to restore defaults

1. On the product control panel, touch the Setup button.

2. Scroll to and touch the Service menu.

3. Scroll to and touch the Restore Defaults button, and then touch the OK button.

The product automatically restarts.

If this does not help, check your inbox for the steps to do a reset.

Hope this helps

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

hello sir. kindly give me the steps on how to do a printer  reset. i also forgot the password in my printer hp M127fw.  thanks!!!

HP Recommended

Hi,

The steps are same as above.

HP Recommended

hi.  i need help with this as well. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.