Question

Honor Student
vwdowntown
Message 1 of 4 (161 Views)

I have recently installed the HP CP1518ni onto my pc running Windows 7 64bit. I had to use the driver available from the HP website because the software CD would not work on my pc. I have used the troubleshooting guide on the HP website to solve different printing issues, but it keeps telling me to open HP Toolbox or HP ToolboxFX. Because I could not use the original software CD, I do not have this software. Is there a way to download this software for my pc?

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 2 of 4 (154 Views)

Re: CP1518ni

If you are using the most recent drivers posted on the hp.com  cp1518ni website, did you download the HP Universal Print Driver or the ePrint software driver? If so, then you will not have the HP Toolbox  ot ToolboxFX.

If you could post what your printing issues and error message are, I will do my best to help you out.

Thanks.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

Honor Student
vwdowntown
Message 3 of 4 (150 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I downloaded and installed the HP Universal Print Driver, and I use the printer via usb cable.

I am experiencing poor print quality. There are wide vertical stripes across the page where the color is inconsistent. It is very difficult to describe, almost like waves where the photo looks correct and then incorrect. I suspect the black toner cartridge is the culprit, as the waves of light and dark appear on black and white printed text also. Do you have any suggestions other than purchasing a new black toner cartridge? The black toner in the machine is just a few weeks old, and shows well above half full on the printer's display screen.

Associate Professor
AuntieEm
Message 4 of 4 (147 Views)

If you haven't used much of your toner cartridge, then it shouldn't be the issue. You can confirm how many pages where printed with the cartridge by printing a supplies page. If you see that you have alot of pages printed, then the cartridge might be the issue. However, from what you are describing it doesn't sound like it.

Have you seen this document? It talks about the vertical lines in a picture print out.

Resolving Print Quality Issues

Have you tried printing from a different program? Are the results the same?

Have you tried calibrating the printer? If so, are the results the same?

Let's start with working our way through the above document and questions and see where that gets us.

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation