Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Official doc from HP states the printer will use black ink only if one of the colours run out.

I don't think I will buy this printer - was almost at checkout - as owners on this forum state colour is used during greyscale/black and white only printing.

Come on HP, produce an update to the software on this printer so black only can be used!

HP Recommended

I have owned this HP6600 for 6 months now and have replaced all the color cartridges 2 times and have never PRINTED IN COLOR!  I just recieve faxes and print plain B&W text invoices.... Now I know why!!  HP has to make this right.  When I bought this printer at the Big Box store, the salesperson specifically said the HP6600 was "the most ink efficient" ink jet printer on the market and WOULD print in black only.  HP needs to make this right!

HP Recommended

I agree with all the negative comments and also will reconsider any further purchases from HP. Never again. I agree that what they have done is the closest thing to criminal you can get. SCAM - SCAM - SCAM ALERT.

HP Recommended
YES! Boycott HP!!!!
HP Recommended

I think HP owes the customers an explanation as to how can they sell a product that does not benefit the custmer at all. I have the HP6700, bought in Dec 2013, but now in Jan 2014 I can't use it anymore although the black ink is still full - money wasted. 

I know that all printer manufactures make money out of ink, but HP has taken it too far, it is immoral!

Any response from HP???

HP Recommended

How to print in black only on an HP6600 

HP Recommended
That's what this whole thread is about! Here is how you print in black only.... Unhook your HP printer, take it outside, make a pledge to NEVER EVER buy any other product associated with HP, smash the HP printer with a hammer or brick, and then buy an non-HP printer. That's the only way to do it. HP purposely made these printers unable to print in black only unless you buy uneeded color carriages. HP are now a bunch of thieves. They have stolen every dollar any of us have paid for their **bleep** product and the cartridges we don't need. Screw HP and never buy HP again!
HP Recommended

I too am having the same problem as others.  HP is ripping off its customers by forcing them to purchase expensive, single color cartridges to enable printing, even if most of us want to print in black.

I've been purchasing HP products-- including several laptop computers-- for 20 years, but like many others, will throw this machine in the trash and will never, ever purchase another HP product again.

It doesn't appear that new HP CEO Meg Whitman has infused any customer appreciation into the company vision statement.  I guess her goal to "reinvent the company" simply means to screw the consumer to boost profits.

Time to move on folks...

HP Recommended

No.  This is not mentioned on the outside of the box.  It's called fraud.

HP Recommended
No you cannot. Fraud is built in to HP products.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.