Question

Top Student
I_have_CP1025nw
Message 1 of 4 (119 Views)

Can't Change Printer Quality on LaserJet

I have a Mac running on 10.9 and a Laserjet CP1025nw and I really want to be able to turn on Economy Mode, or lower the resultion, or do anything to save some toner and the only 2 options I get under the Print Quality are 600DPI and imageRET2400 which both look great but way better than I need it too and uses up a lot of ink. Under the color option it's just RGB Vivid and Photo which both seem like they would not be any lower quality. I have read through so many forums and no one seems to have an answer. PLEASE HELP ME.printqualityscreen.tiff

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 2 of 4 (98 Views)

Re: Can't Change Printer Quality on LaserJet

Hi I_have_CP1025nw,

Welcome to the HP Forums.

I see by your post that you would like to make more adjustments in the print driver.
I can help you with this.

Unfortunately the only settings available with this driver on the Mac on under the Color Options Menu which is show on page 22 which you have already checked out. I have provided the manual tor the LASERJET PROFESSIONAL CP1020.

Set the color options with Mac:
Use the Color Options menu or the Color/Quality Options menu to control how colors are
interpreted and printed from software programs.
1. On the File menu, click the Print option.
2. Select the driver.
3. Open the Color Options menu or the Color/Quality Options menu.
4. Open the Advanced menu, or select the appropriate tab.
5. Adjust the individual settings for text, graphics, and photographs.

Depending on what operating system your Mac is on, you can download and install the HP Printer Drivers v.2.16.1 for OS X. It may have different features available.

Have a nice day!
Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
Top Student
I_have_CP1025nw
Message 3 of 4 (78 Views)

Thanks so much for the response. Unfortunately I downloaded that driver and although it worked, it didn't add any additional printing options.

And then judging by the rest of your comments, it sort of sounds like what I am requesting may just not be possible on a Mac correct? 

HP Support Agent
Gemini02
Message 4 of 4 (51 Views)

Hi I_have_CP1025nw,

If you are just printing text, you can change the setting to print in grayscale.

I would check the Embedded Web Server for the printer to see if you have more options available for the printer.

Some of the models provide a lot of the quality settings through there.

Print a configuration page to get the printer's IP address if it is on the network.

Printing a Configuration Page.

Then open Safari and type the printer's IP address in the address bar to access the printer's Embedded Web Server to see if you have the option to change the quality settings through there.

Hope this helps.

Thank You.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gemini02
I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation