Question

Top Student
jmichau
Message 1 of 5 (10,445 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't Setup LaserJet 1536dnf MFP in 64-bit Windows 7

One of my customers has a brand new 1536dnf MFP and there is no Win7 driver for it.  HP's drivers site recommends the Universal Print Driver (UPD), which has been installed, but it doesn't work (although in Devices and Printers it is listed as 1536 MFP UPD PCL6).  When I go to Windows 7 printer trouble shooter, it lists: "The driver for HP LEDM is not installed" and fails to install a good driver.  I was able to find that LEDM stands for Low End Device Model, but I can find no HP driver for it.  Does anyone have an idea how to resolve this problem?  Thanks,

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 2 of 5 (10,396 Views)

Re: Can't Setup LaserJet 1536dnf MFP in 64-bit Windows 7

Hey there jmichau,

I know there are several drivers available for Windows 7 64/32bit.

You may want to try the full feature software and driver for this case to see if you get better results.

You can find those drivers here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=3974...

Hope this helps!

Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Top Student
jmichau
Message 3 of 5 (10,393 Views)

Thank you for the reply, it reminded me to post my resolution.  A little embarrassing, but I just used the CD included with the printer and it had the correct drivers.  I was hesitant to use it, because I haven't had much luck with other HP CDs having the correct drivers for 64-bit Win7.  In this case, however, it worked like a charm.

Professor
Daniel_L
Message 4 of 5 (10,380 Views)

Glad to hear you got the issue resolved! If there's any other issues please post back, though! :smileyhappy:
Help the community by marking this post as a solution if it solved your issue!.

If my post helped you in any way, please click the blue KUDOS star under my name! It would mean a great deal. :smileyhappy:

Top Student
jmichau
Message 5 of 5 (10,370 Views)

[ Edited ]

Marked as solution...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation