Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 3 (397 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't get HP pro 8500a to connect to the internet.

How do I get HP pro 8500a to connect to the internet.  When I go through When I go to the hp e Print cebter I see a yellow warning box indicating that my printer is not connected to the internet. 

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't get HP pro 8500a to connect to the internet.

Inernet connection was established and shown on eprint center after printer was shut off and then turned on again.

View solution in context
Grad Student
Message 2 of 3 (383 Views)

You can connect wireless if you have a wireless router.

-press "setup" on your printer

-Select "network"

-select "wireless"

-select Wireless Set up Wizard

-select your SSID and enter your password (sometimes found on your router as "network key")

-If you get a "successful connection" message YOU are now connected to the internet

The other way is to connect a ethernet cable directly from your router to your 8500a.

If I have solved your issue, please feel free to provide kudos and make sure you mark this thread as solution provided!

Although I work for HP, my posts and replies are my own opinion and not those of HP.

Top Student
Message 3 of 3 (375 Views)

Inernet connection was established and shown on eprint center after printer was shut off and then turned on again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation