Question

Honor Student
ThanksAgain
Message 1 of 32 (13,997 Views)

Can't install HP PSC 1315 driver

Hi,

I am trying to reinstall my HP PSC 1315 all-in-one printer on Windows XP.

My installation CD stopped working, so I downloaded the drivers. Multiple times. Both the basic and the full feature model. Both the "install now" option and the "download only" option. I dutifully disable by anti-virus software and get off the Internet each time I try. I have also tried disabling all the "terminante and stay resident" programs, as per some advice on HPs support website, and tried deleting all unnecessary folders via the Microsoft disk utility and using CCleaner.

What happens when I run the installer: I plug the printer in via my USB when the program prompts me to. Then Windows plug-and-play pops up and starts trying to install the software. I cancel that a couple of times before it goes away. Meanwhile, the installer gets to 7/8 of the way through step four and then freezes. I have to use Task Manager to shut the installer down. My printer never installs.

Any help appreaciated.

Thanks,

S.

Student
romanovic83
Message 2 of 32 (13,185 Views)

Re: Can't install HP PSC 1315 driver

Hi,

It seems that I have the same problem. But I see you posted a few months ago, have you found a solution yet?

If not, I will let you know when I found one.

Regards,

Romanovic

Student
linkskywalker
Message 3 of 32 (11,579 Views)

Fantastic customer support here. I've got the exact same issue, yet two people who posted about it months ago have yet to recieve a single response.

I currently work as a salesperson at a major computer retailer in my area, which ships products all over the country. I just wanted to get my printer hooked up, but now I'll be passing on my new knowledge of HP's customer service to my own customers.

Honor Student
ThanksAgain
Message 4 of 32 (11,545 Views)

Ha. Try, it's been years.

I still have this printer, although I never solved the problem or got any help with it. I have it hooked up to my ancient G-4 Mac, although I have never been able to get the scanner to work on the Mac either.

I concur with your opinions about the customer service here --  planned obsolescence at work.

S..

Student
diego_vn
Message 5 of 32 (11,482 Views)

LOL, today I had the same problem, so i searched everywhere and couldn't find a thing. Then i saw that it was involved with some hpfmom10 thing, so i decided to unzip the software, looked for it manually \enu\drivers\com_lang\hpfmom10.hl_  selected it and then it continued with the install, hope this solves your problem after so long!

Intern
nikonnet
Message 6 of 32 (11,450 Views)

Whenever the windows plug and play pops up (I assume it is Found New Hardware wizard), please click on advanced option and browse to the CD. Windows should be able to pick up the right file for you and you will be able to get through 8/8. Please be patient as sometimes it gets a bit slow when it reaches 8/8 and subsequently a green check will be shown.

Click on the BLUE KUDOS button on the left to say "Thanks"
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Honor Student
loop6719
Message 7 of 32 (10,501 Views)

after wasting the whole day..hey I am persistant...you finally got me the holy grail...thank you

Student
malkyway
Message 8 of 32 (9,343 Views)

How to install Hewlett Packard HP 1315 Drivers
    *   Ensure all previous drivers are uninstalled
        Download the uninstaller from HP.  It is called "HP All-in-One Series Web Release Uninstaller"
    *   Download the full driver package from HP
    *   Extract the package
    *   (Optional) Burn the extracted directory to CD or image Mount the image or CD This step is necessary if you use
        the "setup.exe" program. Examine the long in TEMP directory, if the setup program silently fails. It may help if
        you use an actual CD, because the setup program complains about not finding the English, ENU, files. You may
        also have to enable AUTORUN, if you disabled it (like me).  This method did not work for me because I do not
        know or can be bothered to re-enable CD Autorun.
    *   Ensure that you, Administrator and SYSTEM have full access to write to the TEMP and PROGRAMFILES directories
    *   Turn on the printer
    *   Deselect automatic search and direct the installation to the downloaded driver directory
    *   If and when the installation complains about "cannot copy HPOVST08.DLL", or any such file, copy the file
        manually into the SYSTEM* directory
    *   If manual copying is necessary, locate and expand all *.DL_ files ("%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\expand") in the
        installation directory tree
    *   When the install asks you to choose a device, choose the verified, "2...", one. If you use the "4..." one, you
        may not get anything to show in the "Printers and Faxes" folder, because I think it is corrupt or not verified
    *   Check printer exists in "Printers and Faxes" folder
    *   Check all devices working in "Computer Management.Device Manager"
    *   Any problems? Try these
        *   (Quick) Delete HP devices in Device Manager and refresh. Repeat as after turning on the printer
        *   (Long) Uninstall using HP's uninstaller.  Reboot and Repeat
                *   After running HP's uninstaller, you can delete HP's files and directories (search "Program Files\HP").
                *   You can also scan the registry for HP entries and delete them and also you can run SpyBot's registry
                    cleanup tool to remove obsolete registry entries.
                *   You can remove the "HP...." HKLM/System/CurrentControlSet/Services entries from the registry using
                    regedit
                *   You can remove any HP startup items using msconfig.
        *   Reinstall M$ DOTNET (dotnetfx) 1.1 and 2. Note that first you may have to uninstall 4, 3.5, 3 etc. Hahaha.

Honor Student
babsred
Message 9 of 32 (8,393 Views)

I want to save someone the HOURS it took me with this issue. After much googling I found this on another site.  http://www.scanner-drivers.com/drivers/185/185673.htm.  I have XP and the drver download from HP's site did not work for me. After googling like a million results come up. It seems this is an issue for everyone. One HP should know about and should have fixed. I found this on one of the many google searches I did. I installed the driver convinced it wasn't going to to work. It did!!!!  It is beyond me why HP doesn't have a fix for its own driver!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Student
kefz
Message 10 of 32 (8,383 Views)

hey babsred, i think you just solved the problem for everyone here after so long.I am very glad that I found your post here.It did work on the older version of the driver.I had been searching for a solution for the past 1 month.Thumbs up to you and to hell with HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation