04-22-2013 12:40 PM
Can't load my officejet 6700 cd onto my Dell computer. I get error message 1722: Failed to add port monitor HP Discovery Port Monitor (HP Officejet 6700) The Windows Print Spooler Service could not be started and must be running in order for the installation to succeed. Please start the service and click Retry to continue installation.
This question was solved. View Solution.
04-23-2013 07:27 PM
I see you are getting a Print Spooler error on your PC. This service will have to be started to be able to install the printer. Below are the steps to start the print spooler.
- Press the Windows Key + R on the keyboard to open the Run Command box
- Type Services.msc and press Enter on the keyboard to open the Microsoft Services menu
- Scroll down to the Spooler service and select it
- Click Start to start the service
Let me know if you are successfully able to get the print spooler started.
04-24-2013 07:31 AM
To Jason H, Unsuccessful in getting print spooler started. When in click start buttong, I not get error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on local computer.
04-24-2013 11:57 AM
04-24-2013 02:37 PM - edited 04-24-2013 02:37 PM
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)