Can't load my officejet 6700 CD onto my Dell computer. (352 Views)
Top Student
MESSCO
Message 1 of 6 (352 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't load my officejet 6700 CD onto my Dell computer.

Can't load my officejet 6700 cd onto my Dell computer. I get error message 1722: Failed to add port monitor HP Discovery Port Monitor (HP Officejet 6700) The Windows Print Spooler Service could not be started and must be running in order for the installation to succeed. Please start the service and click Retry to continue installation.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 2 of 6 (340 Views)

Re: Can't load my officejet 6700 CD onto my Dell computer.

Hey MESSCO,

I see you are getting a Print Spooler error on your PC.  This service will have to be started to be able to install the printer.  Below are the steps to start the print spooler.

• Press the Windows Key on the keyboard to open the Run Command box
  • Type Services.msc and press Enter on the keyboard to open the Microsoft Services menu
  • Scroll down to the Spooler service and select it
  • Click Start to start the service

Let me know if you are successfully able to get the print spooler started.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Top Student
MESSCO
Message 3 of 6 (332 Views)

To Jason H, Unsuccessful in getting print spooler started. When in click start buttong, I not get error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion. Windows could not start the Print Spooler service on local computer.

Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 4 of 6 (327 Views)

Check out the information in the thread found here.  Let me know if this information is able to get your print spooler started.

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
Top Student
MESSCO
Message 5 of 6 (319 Views)

Thanks so much, it works fine now. Very happy with my HP printer and the customer service I got from HP
Regents Professor
jason_h
Message 6 of 6 (318 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hey,

No problem! :smileyhappy:  I am happy to hear that the issue is fixed and have the printer working now.

Happy Printing,

Jason

I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation