Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have owned an HP laptop and printer (color laserjet CP 2025) for about one year. When I purchased the printer it said that the printer was not compatible with Windows 7 - I did not know this before i purchased the printer. I had to reset my computer recently and now do not  have the ability to print double-sided.  The printer works but I cannot print double-sided unless I manually insert the pages.  I had the ability to print double-sided before I reset the computer.  HELP! this is the most frustrating experience and I am hesitant to purchase another HP product because OF THIS BAD EXPERIENCE.  When under warranty I was able to contact HP and received information on how to get the printer to be fully functional, I can't do that now.  Does anyone know how to get this function working? Please help. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you! I just had to disable the manual duplexing and my printer (2025dn) now prints on both sides of the paper. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi,

Based on the following link, your printer does not have this function (automatic duplex). Please check the model again:

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/sm/WF06a/18972-18972-3328060-236268-236268-3673580.html?dnr=1

Anyway, please try to install driver on your computer. You can download its driver from the following site:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3673581&lang=en&cc=us...

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have downloaded the driver on my computer (universal PCL 6) and it is loaded on the computer.  It is also listed as a printer when I check "devices and printers" on the computer.  The problem is that if I select the universal printer and try to print double-sided I get an error message. 

HP Recommended

asp29,

For the cp2025, if you have the duplex model (has d in the model name) then this document will help you re-set the printer when using the Unversial Print Driver. Make sure you read the document all the way through and pay sepecial attention to the notes as they explain the process in relation to this product. Please check it out...

Unable to Print in Color or Unable to Auto-Duplex (Two-Sided Printing Fails) after installing the UP...

Here is another document on how to configure Auto-duplex on the cp2025dn model printers:

HP Color LaserJet CP2025dn/x Printers - Configure Auto-Duplex, 2-sided Printing On Both Sides

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

@asp29 wrote:

I have downloaded the driver on my computer (universal PCL 6) and it is loaded on the computer.

Hi,

You have to download "full feature software".

Hope this helps.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you! I just had to disable the manual duplexing and my printer (2025dn) now prints on both sides of the paper. 

HP Recommended

asp29,

Congrats! Glad you are up and running with your print :OpenSmile:

If my post helped you solve your issue, please take the time to mark the post as an accepted solution so others may find it and be helped in the same way you were.

Again glad you are up and running :OpenSmile:

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution

HP Recommended

And how exactly did you disable manual duplexing. Thank you

HP Recommended

I also have this problem. The duplex worked well until I upgraded to 64 bit Windows 7. Suddenly the duplex stopped working. Even though I can choose this option, the driver does not know how to send the duplex command, and it only prints on two separate pages. It seems that this pritner's duplex command cannot work on Windows 64 bit. If anyone gets it working please post how you did it.

HP Recommended

I was so thankful to find a place to solve a simple problem at home. My CP2025dn now prints double-sided as it did before a win7install. Of the many issues related to reloading software, I am so very thankful the auto-duplex link provided explicit instructions and screen pics to show me exactly what to do to get away from manual inserting for 2x printing. I have no tech knowledge, and truly appreciated the simple visual approach to my problem. Excellent direction from Auntie Em!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.