Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

@Richard60 wrote:
Thank you for responding. I read the workarounds. I prefer a solution from HP, because the problem is known by HP.

If you really need your printer upgraded I would say your only solution is in this thread until the problem gets corrected.

I am employed by HP

*** If my post helped you...click the KUDOS on the left to say THANKS! ***
HP Recommended

@gyle_iverson wrote:

No worries.

I just upgraded my printer by hacking the EnterpriseDU.ini file.

Change the VerifyDownloadID value from 1 to 0 and then run the EnterpriseDU.exe program. I had to click Refresh twice before my printer was found. That could be because I was connected over the wired network instead of USB perhaps.

Anyway, after that, the firmware installed in a few minutes and finally printed a Status Report showing the CIP1FN1206AR firmware version.

Hopefully HP will figure out the right way soon so other don't need to hack.

Gyle

This was the solution HP support offered. It worked indeed!:smileyhappy:

But it is curious that the firmware file is not updated with a working one.

HP Recommended

I used the small hack to update my brand-new HP OfficeJet 6500A Plus (E710n-z) printer and it completed succesfully but since then the ADF is not working with the error Reload Document, and then restart job. I have made a topic here if someone can help me:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/HP-OfficeJet-6500A-Plus-E710n-z-ADF-er...

Has anyone else here experienced the same issue after the update?

HP Recommended

Dude, you are a genius.  This thread is old I know... and I've seen alot of nonsense answers...but, changing the verify download ID from 1 to 0 was perfect.  Search for .ini file and change the value...then run .exe with usb connected, voila!

HP Recommended

3 years later, and the "1" to "0" hack is the only way to apply the firmware update. Thanks 🙂

HP Recommended

What do ÿou mean by share the printer? 

Tried Gyle's solution. When I open the .exe file, it remains stuck on searching for printers.

PLEASE HELP

HP Recommended

My printer could not connect to the internet anymore. "Server not found "

Maybe hp used an old servername on internet, that was named in the old firmware.

My firmware was CIP1FN1110AR

The trick with switching the VerifyDownloadID in the ini did not work.

Thanks Talon4x4, your post helps!!

1: Shared my printer from printer properties

2: copy /b c:\firmware-CIP1FN1621AR.ful \\%computername%\printer

Finished in 1 second, nothing happend.

Don't know how, I restarted the printer and then after a few minutes the upgrade started, showed in in the display.

3: After that I could activate webservices and a page was printed with my claimcode on it.

Dirty trick, but works.

Pfff...

HP Recommended

The firmware upgrade did not help the connection to internet.

That problem was related to de wifi channels. Some channels dit not work on my HP printer. (Officejet 6500A)

channel 11 did not work, 6 and 10 are oké.

Why?

I don't know

HP Recommended

I've been searching all over the net to find a soultion for why my HP7520 series printer could not update the firmware.  Finally with your solution of cmd.exe it worked!!!!  THANK YOU (:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.