Can you disable color printing on hp envy 4500 (1934 Views)
Student
nd416
Message 1 of 5 (1,934 Views)

Can you disable color printing on hp envy 4500

I was wondering if there was a way to disable color printing on the all-in-one hp envy 4500?  There doesn't appear to be any option when you go into the printer driver properties or anywhere in the software preferences.  Most pages that I print do not require color printing and it would be far easier and less costly if the color could be disabled or at least have an option to print pages using only the black toner.

Regents Professor
Rudy1906
Message 2 of 5 (1,907 Views)

Re: Can you disable color printing on hp envy 4500

You can go into the printer preferences on the computer. 

Change the setting to GREYSCALE or ENABLE all black text. 

Even though it will print in black text, color cartridges will still be used to print. The colors mix together with the black to make a true black color. 

So eventually, the color cartridges will still run out. 

**Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Please mark a reply "ACCEPTED AS SOLUTION" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Student
DR-P
Message 3 of 5 (1,821 Views)

A note said you could, but the color cartridge would still be used.  Can you put a black cartritge in the color slot?  I just got my printer a few weeks ago.

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 5 (1,812 Views)

Hello DR-P,

I noticed your question about if you are able to use two black ink cartridges, opposed to using one tri-color and one black.

The answer is no, you won't be able to do this successfully. The printer will recognize the contacts of the black cartridge being placed in the tri-color slot (if it will even fit and latch correctly) and you most likely will receive an error message that will prevent you from printing.

I hope this answers your question, take care.

Regards,

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

Regents Professor
Ciara_B
Message 5 of 5 (1,731 Views)

Just FYI, Shlomi's post has some info on Single Cartridge Mode...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Ink-Toner-Cartridge-Printhead-Issues/HP-Envy-4500-All-In-One-Printing-w...

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Twitter: @Ciara_B_HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation