Question

Student
ldap
Message 1 of 4 (1,441 Views)

Cannot install a HP - Deskjet 3520 Wireless All-In-One Printer on a HP Pavillion Notebook/Windows 7

Just purchased the printer. Used the install CD. Tried doing the wireless install first. Everything went well, the print report showed it was connected with only 1 connection to my network, but it failed to install in the end.tried all of the suggested solutions (reboot the router, printer, computer)but no luck. Then tried the USB install. I saw the printer in the list (so the driver should be good) but again the printer failed to install. Disabled the firewall,shutdown the printer and computer, restarted everything but the install failed again. Tried manually to "Add a printer" but stll no luck. It's like Windows will not let me install a printer. On the printer and devices window the printer never showed up.  I bought this printer because I was unable to install an older HP deskjet printer on this computer. On that install I had a driver problem. Please note. My very first computer had a 386 intel chip. I've been around computers a long time and have never had problems like this before. I'm thinking its the OS but who knows. 

Professor
Gordon_H
Message 2 of 4 (1,433 Views)

Cannot install a HP - Deskjet 3520 Wireless All-In-One Printer on a HP Pavillion Notebook/Windows 7

Hello Idap,

Just to be sure you attempted the installs properly, check out the following links:

Installing the Printer Software for a Wireless Network Connection

http://goo.gl/DIxo5

AND

Installing the Printer Software in Windows 7 for a USB Cable Connection

http://goo.gl/qbM2e

Let me know if this info helps or not.
:smileyhappy: If I have helped in any way, just click the Kudos star on the left. Also, if your issue has been resolved, don't forget to select Accept as Solution :smileyhappy:
Student
nogin1950
Message 3 of 4 (146 Views)

Re: Cannot install a HP - Deskjet 3520 Wireless All-In-One Printer on a HP Pavillion Notebook/Windo

Have run hppiw.exe and the prog. finds printer connected to PC, the following message is shown:

The divers for printer are disabled. click next to enable them.

After Next the driver try to be installed again but get following message :

Device drive software not succesfully installed.

I have W7 Build 7600

HP Support Agent
Rainbow7000
Message 4 of 4 (119 Views)

Re: Cannot install a HP - Deskjet 3520 Wireless All-In-One Printer on a HP Pavillion Notebook/Windo

Greetings! Welcome to the forums @nogin1950 

I saw your post about the Installation troubles you are having with your Deskjet 3520 and Windows 7. I may have some suggestions that might help. Please first make sure the printer will produce copies successfully from the printer alone. This tests the hardware to make sure it's functioning before we move on to software troubleshooting.

Try a Clean Boot, restarting your computer, disabling your firewall and anti-virus and running the HP Printer Install Wizard for Windows to install the printer.

If that does not help, try creating another user account on your Windows 7 system, with Administrator privilages and running the installation again.

I hope that works for you!

Have a great day:smileyhappy:

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

R a i n b o w 7000
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation