01-21-2009 03:59 PM
Im trying to update the firmware on my J6480. Original firmware ends in 812AR. New one ends in 830AR. Downloaded the firmware from HPs website for the printer, run the Network-USB version, chose my printer and click Download. It installs successfully it says. On the printer it shows 1 2 3 4 5 and a progress bar below. It gets to 1 2 3 (4) 5 and the lights flash on the printer. They flash forever. Ive waited 30+ minutes and no difference. If I press the power button the printer comes back up and it says its still 812AR firmware. Ive tried through network install or USB install, no difference. Any idea why I cannot update my printers firmware?
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)