02-27-2012 06:14 PM
I just opened up my new all-in-one printer OfficeJet 4500 G510g, and it shows the following message, preventing me from going further in the installation of the product: "Carriage jam. Remove all foam inside device, or clear carriage jam. Then turn power off and on again."
The thing is that there isn't anything inside, jamming the printer. I opened both doors, the cartridge door in front and the paper loading door in the back. Nothing to be seen, even with flashlight. I followed all of the instruction in the related video on this page: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docnam
Could you please help me?
02-29-2012 01:02 PM
With the printer powered on, disconnect the power cable from the back of the printer. Try to move the carriage to the middle of the printer. This is to check if the carriage can move at all. Reconnect the power cable afterwards and see if the error still comes up.
Click the white Kudos star to say thanks
Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem
02-29-2012 06:05 PM
I followed your instruction, and I couldn't move the carriage at all. However, I am aware that the carriage can move while the printer is active, because I could see it move when I opened the door to check if the issue was visible during warm-up. When rebooting the printer, the problem is still present.
- HP Printers - Installing Your Printer Driver Using the Windows Built-in Solution
- Download and Install Your Windows HP Printer Driver and Software for a USB Cable Connection
- HP Printers - Installing a Mac Printer Driver Using Apple Software Update
- HP Printers - Download and Install a Mac HP Printer Driver and Software
- Setting up the All-in-One (Hardware)