Cartridge in right stall not supported (4101 Views)
Top Student
AFerg
Message 1 of 6 (4,101 Views)
Accepted Solution

Cartridge in right stall not supported

I have a black print cartridge (C8767W) for my HP 2610 All-in-One that has suddenly started causing the printer to display an error "cartridge in right stall not supported." It has worked fine in the past.

I've tried removing and re-inserting it several times. This approach has worked twice  since we first received the error, but no longer appears to help.

The cartridge in question is only 3 months old and appears to have a date printed on it that indicates 2011/06/13. It also has a good bit of ink left in it. I think that this is a defective cartridge.

1) Is there any way to get it to work again?

2) If it is defective, is there any way to get a replacment cartridge?

Thanks.

Teacher
The_Right_Click
Message 2 of 6 (4,090 Views)

Re: Cartridge in right stall not supported

Hi AFerg,

I would suggest you to clean the copper contacts on the cartridge and the document below would guide you do the same.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00244394&cc=us&lc=en&dlc=en&product=421139#

YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE VERY CAREFUL OF NOT TOUCHING THE NOZZLES / INK SPRYING SIDE, WHEN HANDLING THE CARTRIDGE.

Hope the document helps..!! :smileyhappy:

Regards
Hareesh@SEC
Click on the WHITE STAR icon to say 'Thanks..!!'
I am an HP employee. When I offer advice on HP Products, I'm speaking for myself and not for HP.
Top Student
AFerg
Message 3 of 6 (4,064 Views)

Thank you for the reply. I have cleaned the contacts without any luck. I have sent a email to HP Support based on information from the document link you provided. 

Top Student
AFerg
Message 4 of 6 (4,037 Views)

I contacted support and it was determine that the cartridge is defective and is being replaced under warranty.

GAL Student
Student
GAL
Message 5 of 6 (3,641 Views)

I have recently experienced this problem with our 2410 model.  The cartridge is full of ink, the date on it is 9/29/2009.  Can I take it to any store that sells this cartridge and ask for a replacement since it is defective?

Tutor
KingRoach
Message 6 of 6 (3,135 Views)

Hi,

My Photosmart 2610 just did the same. It was working fine, I printed a file, and then I sent the next and it made an error and a blue crash screen on its little LCD. Too bad I didn't think of copying the error. I thought it was something a restart would fix. But a restart gave me that cartridge not supported error.

It seems from your experience that the error is common. Is there a known fix now? How can I be sure that if I buy another cartridge, it won't **bleep** up again? that the error is in the cartridge (which shouldn't have happened anyway) and not the actual printer?

I need the printer working ASAP for MA projects. I can't wait, so please answer ASAP. If the only option is buying... I might just buy another brand, new with warranty to be safe.

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation